VT/NH Moose Lottery??

I gave up on 3 years worth of points with the VT lottery.  I only do the NH lottery now.  With the draw numbers getting fewer and fewer, you guys think it's worth it still?  Ticks and the cold past winters are taking a toll on the population.

I boycot the Maine Lottery, it's per chance, not per person.  Just a cash machine for the state to accept from the rich. 

Next year I am going for New Brunswick's Moose Lottery, takes about 3 or 4 years to draw instead of 20 or so.

• 3 weeks later...

I gave up on 3 years worth of points with the VT lottery.  I only do the NH lottery now.  With the draw numbers getting fewer and fewer, you guys think it's worth it still?  Ticks and the cold past winters are taking a toll on the population.

I boycot the Maine Lottery, it's per chance, not per person.  Just a cash machine for the state to accept from the rich. 

Next year I am going for New Brunswick's Moose Lottery, takes about 3 or 4 years to draw instead of 20 or so.

Better check the New Brunswick draw again... Odds for NR are more like 20-1 or a little higher..I've been applying for 14 years and have drawn once..I have a buddy who has drawn 3 times in 15 years, but he's a lucky SOB.. Still, the odds are better than anywhere in the states..

If you REALLY want to kill a moose, save your $$$$ for 2 or 3 years and then go to Newfoundland..Over the counter tags, high success rates, and the Newfies are a HOOT !!

• Like 1

I decided a different route... I booked a Newfie hunt... no waiting... just had to pay for it... Got a great bull.... I know guys that have done the Maine lottery for 20 years and never been drawn.. screw that crap..... To me, it was worth booking the hunt and getting to go instead of just dreaming of "maybe one day"... With them lowering the permit #'s, your chances are getting worse by the year not better... 

I decided a different route... I booked a Newfie hunt... no waiting... just had to pay for it... Got a great bull.... I know guys that have done the Maine lottery for 20 years and never been drawn.. screw that crap..... To me, it was worth booking the hunt and getting to go instead of just dreaming of "maybe one day"... With them lowering the permit #'s, your chances are getting worse by the year not better...

Same with me...I stil put in the draw but I am not waiting on it to moose hunt. To many great places to in the mean time. Next year I am taking my father with me to Newfoundland ....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...