Another psycho with a gun

Big Indian

Hoping all in the area are safe! Especially my brother firefighters.  A similar situation happened a few years ago in Webster NY

Firefighters from Leroy, NY were shot at while responding to a dwelling fire at 0530 hours this morning. No firefighters have been injured but one civilian one is dead and the scene may still be an active shooter situation-but some reports are that it is now over.  
Apparently the suspect set his own house on fire and then went to a neighbors house and shot a man, who was in bed. 
Follow www.WHEC.com
and www.thebatavian.com
for additional.

Leroy NY is SW of Rochester. 

I knew the Spangler family as I grew up down the street from them . 4 Webster FF were shot, two killed. One was also a Webster Poilce LT. One of the Volleys wounded also works for my Dept .

Leroy is between Rochester and Buffalo, closer to Rochester though .

God bless the victim and his family...and protect all responders this season. I had a friend that was on an ambulance crew in Rochester...the police would always keep them from going in until it was cleared and any risk of a shooter in the area was confirmed. She said it was scary and sad because it always delayed help for a long while.

Edited by growalot
  • Like 2

Back " in da day" we never staged for the police, just went in. I was on countless shootings before the cops, a couple with the shooter still there ,one a sawed off 12 ga placed in the mouth and fired by the girl friend .

That was one soggy couch ....

I don't like feeling I need to be more worried outside a fire than inside. Kinda makes me think twice about responding as a chief officer direct to the scene. Most of the times, we could be on scene for quite a while before the first LE arrives.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Edited by CFHunter