Outdoor cooking/grills

Dom

I have a weber gensis w/side burner and love it.Also have the green egg for a go to,I picked up a free stainless cooker and can no longer get part's going to build a block foundation and use for smoking.What to use for a base JUST ANY CONCRETE BLOCK'S OR WHAT TO USE?Thank's and good grilling.

Hmmm.....I have to investigate this Weber Genesis? do they still make it? I have a Weber charcoal grill but never heard of a Genesis...Google here I come.

They still make them. They have different versions. CI Grates or SS grates. Get the SS everything and it will last many many years of great grilling. I use mine year round.. You get what you pay for..

going to build a block foundation and use for smoking.What to use for a base JUST ANY CONCRETE BLOCK'S OR WHAT TO USE?Thank's and good grilling.

I can't help you with this.

Maybe the highlighted text will get you some opinions?? Good luck!

I have a weber gensis w/side burner and love it.Also have the green egg for a go to,I picked up a free stainless cooker and can no longer get part's going to build a block foundation and use for smoking.What to use for a base JUST ANY CONCRETE BLOCK'S OR WHAT TO USE?Thank's and good grilling.

My expirience with just concrete block is this.....they eventually deteriorate from the heat.I found 2 ways that lengthen the time they last conciderably,

by lining them with fire brick (costly) or if you have access to heavy 1/4" steel plate.If using steel plate,you need to keep it away from the block,an air space if you will.And forget the free ads for old cinder block....2 fires and they come apart.