Handheld Seed Spreaders

Put the seed in a bucket and use your hand to broadcast the seed,lime and fertalizer in small areas,just did a 50' x 50' area like that last month,came up and growing good.For larger areas I use a walk behind spreader.

I use something similar to this. Then again, I plant acres of seed. The seeding rate chart, right with the seeder. Got to get a feel for that. Usually farm rates shown. Well, the pic didn't show. Anyways' it;s a hand held seeded with a strap that goes around the neck. They have them ebay and amazon in different sizes.

Yard Tuff Handheld Seeder with Bag.htm

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

I have both the over-the -shoulder bag and the one that WNY posted. That one is my favorite and i use it on my smaller plots because it is very precise and easy to flick into odd shaped areas. Mine has the trigger on the handle which is nice. Anything over a acre is done with the bag.

The one WNY showed you looks like a nice little seeder. Looked at one this morning at TSC. Very nice for smaller plots. Think I'll get one.

I think you will be happy with that LTDH. It shines when using those super tiny seeds because you have a bit more control over the slot opening. It's drawback is it's capacity but alittle clover seed goes a long way.
  • Like 1