Bow noise supression? What did you do?

burmjohn

Joe its got the limbsavers in there from the factory.  My stabilizer is rubber coated, so that should be good. I do not have any string noise suppressors yet...  But the string noise seems a little loud, was thinking of getting one of these - > http://bowrattler.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=29&category_id=11&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=57

Lets see, I have a bunch of supressors on my bow. It came with pocket silencers and limb supressors. I added string leaches, an Eastman Carbon Stabilizer that uses carbon rods and supressors, and a Bow Rattler. I dont know what those guys mean about the Rattlers being pricey, mine was $20 brand new. My bow is extremely quiet. Almost every time someone is near me at the range they comment on how quiet my bow is.

BTW John, grab a Bow Rattler, they are great.

My bow used to make a noise that reminded me of my old man's snoring after a long night out drinking with the guys.  I put limb saver limb silencers on it, string silencers, and and a limbsaver X-coil stabilizer and now it's absolutely whisper quiet.  All I can hear is the arrow hitting the target, no bow noise.

• 4 weeks later...

my bow picked up a slight noise coming into this season, so i took it to go get a tune and have the cam realigned and also put a dead end string stop on and its as quiet as can be! also seems alittle faster and smoother with the dead end string stop.

Ok guys ....new to this whole sights on your bow thing....and since putting on the rear and front sight....believe  me all TIGHT....because I'm so afraid of anything messing up a shot......the peep eliminator came with rubber spacers for noise ...the truglo not...dang my bow seems loud to me now...I have an older Hoyt...and use limb savers  in limbs and string....any suggestions?

bang lightly around on your limbs and see where you and if you are getting any excess vibrations or noises. somtimes the fiber optic coils on sights do make a noise, you can prob run alittle clear caulking around it to reduce noise but by banging on the bow you can an idea if something is loose. also go over all your bolts and give it a snug.

you can also take it to a pro shop to have a tune on it and since its an older bow it might need one. 

bang lightly around on your limbs and see where you and if you are getting any excess vibrations or noises. somtimes the fiber optic coils on sights do make a noise, you can prob run alittle clear caulking around it to reduce noise but by banging on the bow you can an idea if something is loose. also go over all your bolts and give it a snug.

you can also take it to a pro shop to have a tune on it and since its an older bow it might need one.

Geno ---- He is already getting a tune on it . He want's to eliminate the sound ! ( sorry , I couldn't resist ! )

Geno ---- He is already getting a tune on it . He want's to eliminate the sound ! ( sorry , I couldn't resist ! )

are you taking about growalot or john? i was talking to growalot who was above me... maybe im confused? lol its happens...

i didnt see growalot say he was getting a tune or maybe i just didnt read the other posts?  :)