My new walmart special broadheads.

erussell

Picked these up the other day at Walmart. Shot nice and straight and had to do minimal tunning to get them there. And the best part is they were. 10 dollars for three. They are a broadhead put out by realtree dont remember the name.

post-205-0-64086300-1346047276_thumb.jpg

Edited by erussell

Honestly, the only broadheads I have ever had a hard time getting to fly straight were 90 grain Muzzy 4 bladers. They were a nightmare for some reason. I bought a cheap pack of basically the same thing two yrs ago at Dicks except they were rocky mnt's at 13 dollars for six and shot two doe, Both went through and stayed together and both doe dropped within 40yrds, double lung of course. They will kill a deer dead as long as you do your part. Indians use to shoot deer withy sticks and twigs and flakes of rock so I think this cheap chinees metal should do fine.

Shot agian today and I am impressed with how accurate my setup is shooting these. The only adjustment I had to make after I shot them through paper the other day is to move my rest a touch in. Never had to touch the vertical on the sights just a little horizontal and I was good which is unusual for me. :) Im stoked to get a deer in front of me this yr. Its amazing how much it boosts your confidence when your bow is dialed in good.

• 1 month later...

Well finally got around to putting broadheads on hunting arrows and had one bad broadhead in the pack. Blades in one were loose and wouldnt tighten down. Will use the blades to replace others I use on deer. So gos the cheap broadheads I guess. But the ones that are good are pretty sturdy, accurate and sharp.

Ive used junk broadheads from walmart as well couldnt resist for the price but they were 1 hit wonders (both expanable and fixed). I stopped using them cuz after the shot when i retrived the arrow a blade or two was missing and i didnt want to find out the hard way with a slit wrist that they were still in the deers chest cavity

Funny, they look a bit like a Slick Trick. You get what you pay for............

I wouldn't trust the shot of a lifetime on a monster buck or a slam dunk on a fawn to a cheap knock off broadhead. YMMV.

Hoping for the best.

Edited by Lawdwaz

Last year I was in a bad way moneywise.....I usually shoot Rage but couldn't afford them....I settled on the exact broadheads from walmart....and on hunt number 3 last year I had a nice mature doe come in to 20 yards ...I shot her in a quartering away and it went right thru her....she walk 15 yards and fell over in sight...so don't listen to all the negativity.....get out there and put some meat in the freezer.....(if your license wasn't 90 dollars ...you could afford better broadheads)

• Like 1

Sometimes you pay for a name and sometimes the cheap ones are junk. The only way to find out is try them out. If you make a good shot junk ones will work but if you make a marginal shot you could be wishing you went with a better broadhead.

I used muzzy's for ever and they did well but this year I made a switch to woodsmen elites and I am glad I did. They are a solid metal broadhead and they are guaranteed that if anything happens to them under nornmal hunting that they would replace them. I thought alright whatever. Well I put the broadhead throught the shoulder of a doe and up into the spine of a doe and when I pulled them out there wasn't even a ding on the broadhead. I was amazed to say the least. THey were 35 with tax for three. I am sold on them.

I used to use a broadhead called Gold Tip Centurions, and they were devastating on deer. I could not break them. I had one go through a doe, and into a log, and it was still intact. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find them anymore. Sucks!

Going cheap isn't that big of a deal with fixed blade in my opinion but don't ever get cheap expandables. Thats a complete nightmare!!! My dad bought me a 3 pack that looked like the grim reapers I use because it was only $3. The first shot perfect!! I pulled out and shot the second one and one of the blades open and missed my target hit a rock shattered and wrecked my arrow. So I tried the first one again and this time it open as well glanced of my target into my backstop and the head shattered. I threw the 3rd one out.

Alright I'll admit they were crap. Shot A doe Saturday and the blades and tip were missing afterward. Threw the remainder out and went to walmart and got muzzy 100s. Nice thing is I fully expected to have to retune and adjust my bow but they shot same as the othe broadheads. Nice!!!! Cost me twice as much having to spend money on two different sets of broadheads, next time ill just stick with the muzzys !!