Elite archery

Terry

Elite makes some quality bows. Don't know what you mean by little info on them...they sponsor shows on the Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel, have ads in mags, host 3d events, etc. Sure, might not be to the level of Hoyt/Mathews...but still. Plenty of info out there on them.

Switched from an older mathews to a 11' elite pulse. Very different bows as far as draw. My mat had a huge peak at 75% draw... the elite seems to almost have no peaks while drawing which for me has been hard to get used to. Its a good thing though, and its so smooth. Its a little bit heavier than my mat too but for the speed, noise and accuracy i would never by a mat again. Built in n.y., reasonably priced, best warranty on the market. I say buy one!

I have been interested in them because of their supposed smooth draw. I have kept a 2002 ultra tec because of how smooth the draw is.

Because of shoulder issues I cannot comfortably draw a bow that has the draw really heavy or loaded up at the beginning of the draw cycle.

I am looking for smooth all the way through not just after the cams roll over.

How are the Elites in this regard?

I purchased a 2011 Elite Pure last year. Prior to my purchase I owned a PSE.

When I went to the bow shop I knew I was interested in testing out the Elite bows. I shot the Hoyt Vector, Matrix, Element, Elite Pure, Elite Judge, Bear Carnage and another PSE bow which I can't remember which.

I left the shop with the Pure. You need to test bows side by side when making a new purchase.

The biggest selling point for me was the draw. Very, very smooth. All of the bows tested were great, but to me the Elite stood out.