charlie's prediction

agross

just finished watching deer and deer hunting with charlie alscheimer. this year he predicts rut will be intense for 1 week following the october full on the 25.

he says that it should be rockin until the 6 or 7. of november.

just informed the wife that im ghost friday the. 2 nd the 3rd and 4th. gonna try and get it done.

anyone else adhere to the words of charlie?

He's right this year...the first week of November is going to be rockin'!

But this year...since we have an Oct. 1 opener...what about the early rut...? You know...that first rut spike when a few does become receptive? I think that first week of October...in just a few weeks is going to be surprising with rut action...I think the Youth Hunt is timed just right for some kids to catch some whopper bucks with their girl friends! I bet there are going to be some amazing photos of kids with tankers...and that will be the greatest sell to other kids!

That seems to be the best 10 days to be in the woods, the last week of Oct and the first week of Nov... I have taken 3 deer on Nov 1 to the 5 over the years, and several the last week of Oct...I love the chase period the doe's are not ready and the buck are like 21 year old male on Friday night after drinking and dancing with the women....

Going to be up that weekend also. It will be special because the kid I mentored will be there with his Dad. It may be a long time before he gets back to hunt, he is joining the Marines early next year. A 17 year old Patriot, he can't wait! What a wonderful kid............

But this year...since we have an Oct. 1 opener...what about the early rut...? You know...that first rut spike when a few does become receptive? I think that first week of October...in just a few weeks is going to be surprising with rut action...

Thanks I've mentioned over the years about this and ppl look at me like I'm a rooky...lol

For years I've watched rutting in the field next door in late Sept early Oct...that's why I was so very glad to see the Oct 1 opener...and it's even more intense at camp in Alfred...don't know why but is...

The deer have returned to the field....no liquid manure trucks yet...can't wait to see what happens the next few days...8 deer last nite..I think not sure 2 bucks...pretty dark and far away...this a.m. 5 running through the rain headed for out woods two huge doe and 3 big fawn...Raining nice and gentle since 4a.m..Though the wind gusts are a tad wild

Edited by growalot