Moose Sighting

WELLSY

Upon scouting for this season I ran into two moose! We were exploring near debar mountain in the adirondacks when the strangest thing happended. We stubled upon a spot we have never seen before, what I would call the perfect spot. I have the pond to my left, a field in front , and an old logging trail to my right! I was looking up in the trees to sport a good stand site when my buddy staid STOP STAND STILL. As i look to see what I though was going to be some deer, Was a bull moose. We stood still and watched for a moment. I attemped to get on a stump to take a picture of this bull which I beleived to be only 150 yards away. As I take my first step, I hear again STOP!. My buddy was pointing to the left at the pond, to my amazement there was a cow in the water! This was my first encounter with moose in the area. What a once in a lifetime opportunity. I was not able to get a picture of these moose. Being between a bull and cow was not a spot i wanted to be in! Any one else have an encounter like this while scouting?

Happened to me just east of the Champlain Locks Area on the NY-VT border a few years ago. I thought they were two horses trotting off at the far end of a meadow wetland. Amazing! Especially their height! They are beautiful. Can't wait to see a Lottery Season for them in NY

Seen a small bull this past June , near Highmarket, while I was at work. His antlers were out beyond his ears and starting to fork. Even if the moose population levels were high enough to allow a few to be taken, I'm not too optomistic about NY ever having a moose lottery. 1st the State constitution would have to be amended, then you'd have to overcome the anti-hunting lobby.