deer slugs

mac

My slug gun will not shoot the remington slugster, half the time they will not even go off, tried winchesters and i couldn't hit the broadside of a barn standing in it,

Federal truball is a great round but i truly prefer the original federals i just cant find them anywhere, 100 yds is what i sight in for and never had a problem,

I shoot what used to be the old federal classic rifled slug. Now says federal power shok on the box. Product # f127rs. Find much better than the tru ball and the balistics on federals sight show that. I know dicks doesnt carry them at least the one near me. I usualy get them at wally world or herb phillipson's. Best slug i have found for a smoothbore.

Wally world sells box of 10, (product # f127rsx) for like $8.97. Cheaper than buying by box of 5

I also used to shoot 3" Remington Sluggers through my smooth bore 870 with a rifled choke...Those were the days before I wised up and grabbed the 2 3/4" Remington Sluggers...Deer were just as dead and my shoulder thanked me. I used to get 1-2" groups at 50 yards with a 4x32 Simmons Prodiamond scope. At that time, it was good for me...Now, I would be looking for tighter groups. Alas, to be young and not know any better. Got to say though, I never missed a deer with that 870 nor did I ever send one running a mile....They all dropped within 50 yards or so of where I shot them...

• 5 months later...