Rage Extreme Broadheads

njg0621

i have them in my quiver as we speak and i cant wait to unleash them. hence my avitar lol...

i have been watching videos of the Drurys who got to field test them last season from Rage and they look amazing. HUGE entries and exits and very strong design. crazy blood trails and great penetration. they have alot of kills on camera from season 15 for this year.

I took a buck the year before last with a regular Rage. It caught a little bone (my fault) and didn't penetrate that well, but I still got the deer. My buddy has been using them for a while. If you hit them in the sweet spot they do make an a$$ nasty big hole. I think they came out with a Chisel tip this year, which is a big improvement.

Oh and I've hit bone with the rage 2" and it blows through em. But I shoot a fast bow set at 70lbs. The 2 blades always did the job for me, so I'm excited to see how the 2.3's are. I've shot rage for almost 5 years now and I will never change. I have great faith in them and I have seen what they do time and time again. I'm speaking of personal experience. I love when guys blame their equipment first with out replaying the shot in their head and trying to figure out what it was they did wrong. Anyone who is skepital and wants to try them I say go for it. I love how they are put up against a cut on contact broad head but to be honest I have yet to see my rage NOT cut on contact. They are open upon contact and causing total devistation instantly. And honestly with blades that big, it can help make a marginal shot become a fatal one...

• Like 1

I bought the extremes but haven't taken a shot yet. The 2.3 inch cut is nice, but for me the deciding factor was that the extremes have a more rigid shock collar. No more o-rings coming loose or breaking when taking the arrow out of the quiver or mid flight. Had that happen last year with regular rage 2 blades and it really impacted arrow flight.

I have no doubt in Rage broad heads, I used to shoot the 3 blade but now I shoot the 2's and love them. My question is about the new extremes with the larger cutting diameter and they recommend shooting a minimum of 55lbs with them. I shoot 63 and was wondering if people were experiencing problems with passthroughs because of the large diameter.

Edited by njg0621

I have no doubt in Rage broad heads, I used to shoot the 3 blade but now I shoot the 2's and love them. My question is about the new extremes with the larger cutting diameter and they recommend shooting a minimum of 55lbs with them. I shoot 63 and was wondering if people were experiencing problems with passthroughs because of the large diameter.
I wouldn't see a prob with getting a pass through at 63lbs. Check the specs of your arrow tho, a lighter arrow may not pass through but I doubt it will be a huge issue. Terry drury shoots 55lbs or 60 and he has no prob with pass throughs.

• 2 weeks later...

I use the older 2" model and have not be that impressed. I lost a dear lost weekend. Although I made a poor shot I expected better performance from them. Very very light blood trail coupled with rain didn't help. This past weekend I shot a good doe, pass through shot, great blood on the arrow. Again very light blood trail...I started to panic... I eventually found the deer, but the exit wound was plugged with a ton of internals hanging out. Has anyone experienced that?

I gave the Rage (regular) another try Saturday morning. I hit a six pt. just behind the shoulder and this time they worked great. Giant hole in and out. He only went maybe 30 yards. Looked like someone stuck a big sword right through him. Hit him in the boiler room and stay away from the shoulder. The new chisel tips should be real good.

The regulars come with the retention ring also now. I shot an 8pt with the regulars again this year and they did the Job. Deer ran 50 yds and died. My buddy is shooting the rage extremes now. He hit a doe right behind the shoulder (he claims) and didn't get a clean pass through. I am sticking with the regulars for now until I get some more feedback!

I think I would a little causious because of the 60# min draw weight if you shoot around there give or take. I'm not very fond of $49/3 price tag either. All in all not that impressed with them. I like the fact that I can shoot the practive Rage and field points without any problems though.

I don't know about that tension ring on these new extremes.I think its a better design than that crappy o ring but i had to loosen the broad head and put the blades back under the ring then tighten them down twice so far.And i have only been out 3 times.Its just the way the rear part of that blade sits in that retention ring.I think they are coming out when i walk of set down my bow.I don't get it.The ring only goes on one way too.So i know its not that.

I shoot the regular 2 blade and love them. I shot a 6 pt on Saturday and the entry hole was good size but the exit hole was like the size of a baseball. I did loose one deer shooting them but I made a bad shot in the guts. More my fault. I will switch over to the chisel tip for next year!

Well I am using them this year and I HAMMERED a doe with one this past weekend. My bow is a PSE Dream Season set at 60# and had no trouble at all. She was quartered toward me and I slipped it right in the crease and it nearly came out the other side half way down her body. Broke a bone in half. Left about a 5 inch slice. Went 60 yards and hit the ground about 5 times before she finally piled up. Can't beat that Rage performance.