letchworth state park

DanielT

My boyfriend and I hunt in groveland right outside of Geneseo. There are definitely deer out here. We've seen quite a few does, some young basket rack bucks and also a couple of bigger, shooter bucks. We will be out pretty much any weekend and a few times during the week as well. We haven't noticed any signs of the rut yet though. Mainly stray deer or in bachelor groups. Haven't seen any bucks with does yet. Hope this was helpful. Are you hunting state land or private?

I drew a special archery only permit for the south part of the park. I hunted it last year and saw plenty of deer. I have been afew times recently and seen ok numbers, not what I saw last year. My thought is that since the weather has been mild, they are wandering pretty far. I will be scouting a few more times in the next few weeks, and hunting hard the first week of november. I will let you know what I see.

I have not hunted it in a few years. A friend would get cabins for a couple weeks, some guys for a month... Its always been good for us. Lots of guys here know more about the park then I,although some guys I hunted with hunted there 30 years.

We mostly went down to the river bottom, sometimes I'd go across the road near the farms.We'd bring a rope system and carts to haul 'em up, lots of work, which is why we'd only shoot bucks of size.

I live not to far away from Letchworth. They have a couple areas where you cant hunt, and you should see the amount of deer there. Its right near one of the entrances, I cant remember. But there would be 50 deer out in this little section of grass a night. Lol unbelievable actually. My dad used to hunt in letchworth state park, but that was back when it was open and you didnt need special permits. You would see about 10 hunters a night, and 0 deer lol.

opening day of bow this year i hunted a farm connected to the park i seen more the 10 doe by 830 am and shot a nice doe and in the afternoon i seen a few more doe and a descent buck my buddy that i was with seen a few doe and 4 buck all on opening day

• 1 month later...

I was hunting in letchworth yesterday while travelng from one spot to another I seen a massive 8 or 10pt mass as thick as 6_8" thick all the way threw really long tines and his rack was way past his ears he was with 2 doe. In the safety zone near the train bridge. What a monster

post-895-0-39946000-1315961975_thumb.jpg

There are some nice deer there. Not a huge deer but a decent buck we spotted a couple of years ago.This was below the upper falls just past the RR bridge. He was all banged up. We were guessing that he somehow fell over the falls.

Edited by ncountry