State Land Closed

Danny

State Land Closures

All DEC properties in Nassau and Suffolk counties will be closed to the public until all properties can be assessed and all potential hazards removed. These lands are closed to all activities, including hunting, hiking and biking.

Popular DEC properties subject to closure include, but are not limited to:

• Otis Pike Preserve
  • Rock Point Natural Resources Management Area
  • Westhampton Management Area
  • West Tiana
  • Barcelona Neck
  • Sarnoff Pine Barrens Preserve
  • Randall Pond/Ridge Conservation Area

Edited by Danny

Was over at Fireplace Neck today. Definitely some damage there. Two big blowdowns across the main road/trail. Somebody I guess took advantage of the storm. There's a poached deer right in the damn parking lot. Took the head, backstraps, most of the meat, and just left the whole carcass sitting just behind the rail of the parking lot.

it was temporary. please call up the DEC checkpoint, as you would need daily permit for november-december for rocky point. 631-924-3156

normally you have to call and reserve in one week advance. after that you need to show up on that day early morning and the checkpoint would allocate your hunting location.

Was over at Fireplace Neck today. Definitely some damage there. Two big blowdowns across the main road/trail. Somebody I guess took advantage of the storm. There's a poached deer right in the damn parking lot. Took the head, backstraps, most of the meat, and just left the whole carcass sitting just behind the rail of the parking lot.

thats awful. isn't there any check point in that area?

That's just messed up, morons like that give us a bad name....geez dig a hole and hide the evidence....

Which reminds me of this: "....I dig a hole, I don't give a F$@%!$, its not the first hole I dug..." Best movie ever :-)

I guess hunting takes a break for a while until people get back home with electricity and gas, friend of mine just today got back home with power.....this is messed up... good luck Strong Island !!!!!!!

hey buddy, good news for you

http://www.dec.ny.go...ml#Recreational

11/9/12 - Suffolk and Nassau county DEC lands are now open for all activities. Hunting spaces will be used on a first come, first serve basis.

The Ridge Hunter Check Station will remain closed over the extended holiday weekend due to lack of electricity. No daily access permits are necessary over the weekend. Please use your seasonal pass when parking and using properties.

No pheasant stocking has taken place. Stocking will be reassessed on Tuesday.

Deer cannot be checked over the weekend, but can be checked on Friday and starting again on Tuesday by calling Wildlife at (631) 444-0310.

Edited by faihasan