Long island NY pics

abruno25

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah that dude is prob close to 140...

he deff has 10" G2s and 6" brows with a nice spread. hes pushing 140. it just would be better to see a diff angle to give a better judgement like a nice side shot and a head on with his head higher up. but hes deff in the mid to high 130s if not 140.

some hunters do care about the score... not just for the trophy end of it, but for the managment part of it... i wont shoot a deer under 120... i have shot plenty of deer and would like to see that deer breed another year and maybe get into that 140-150 range... if i need the meat there are plenty of dry does to shoot... i wish more hunters would think like this...

anyone else feel how i do?

So if one shoots a deer that they thought would definitely go over 120 and after the measuring turns out that he is under that, what happens then?  Disappointment?  I think hunters who are happy with whatever they might kill and don't worry themselves whether or not any deer they kill will measure up to any particular score are the happiest hunters of all.  For the rest of you it's only a numbers game. 

I think its the other way around.  Its more of a numbers game for hunters like you than the person who wants a rack.  The more you shoot the happier you will be.

I am happy if I fill a tag or two of the deer hunting license I paid for.  If I hunted hard and didn't fill any tags, well, then that's just a part of hunting.  I surely didn't pay for the tags to just look and wave at the deer and let them pass so YOU can hopefully shoot them in a year or two when they measure up to YOUR numbers.  Tough noogans on that one!!

I am happy if I fill a tag or two of the deer hunting license I paid for.  If I hunted hard and didn't fill any tags, well, then that's just a part of hunting.  I surely didn't pay for the tags to just look and wave at the deer and let them pass so YOU can hopefully shoot them in a year or two when they measure up to YOUR numbers.  Tough noogans on that one!!

And this is why 7 out of 10 male deer killed in NYS were either fawns or yearlings.  Funny how steve has to attack everyone in every thread who likes to practice QDM / AR or who are in favor of an AR.

I think its the other way around.  Its more of a numbers game for hunters like you than the person who wants a rack.  The more you shoot the happier you will be.

see you don't care about deer managment... your the reason why i have to take trips out west every year to even get a shot at buck in the 160-180's. now people atart to freak out when they try to impliment the 3 antler restrictions... you shouldn't be out there worrying about the coast of the lisence...you want to get your moneys worth of meat then shoot does... where are you hunting?

And this is why 7 out of 10 male deer killed in NYS were either fawns or yearlings.  Funny how steve has to attack everyone in every thread who likes to practice QDM / AR or who are in favor of an AR.

So you poor souls think that I am attacking you?  First you cry that we kill off your yearlings and then you say we are attacking you?  Again, tough noogans!  The licenses we purchase don't say that yearlings are off limits, EVEN in the AR areas.  Like some of those bucks that get shot in those areas with 3 points on one side aren't yearlings?  Maybe you guys ought to become better hunters and then you will see more and bigger deer!  LOL

haha, become better hunters.... love to see some of the spots you hunt or better yet any proof of how good a hunter you are... my proof is posted....any pics of the great spots you picked?lets see some deer? any nice deer to brag about... i sure those 40 inch 4 pointers you shoot are quite inpressive...

where does steve hunt? love to see them change his county to a antler restriction county!

I hunt in Delaware county for your information, and they tried to implement AR's there last year.  It was of course got shot down.  I hope that the letter I wrote to the DEC against it at least HELPED in shooting it down!