Boar sighting in region 6??

HuntOrBeHunted

DEC says shoot on sight anytime of day or night with as little as a small game license. I have heard of sightings in lisbon which is in 6A but that is just hear say. there have been definite sightings in Peru ny which is in 5A. DEC confirmed a herd of hogs in an orchard in peru and tried shooting and trapping. the nytimes released an article about the pigs in peru. as much as I don't want to see the destruction they cause I would love to shoot and eat one. google "feral hogs peru ny" it was an interesting article.

confirmed in 6a near Lisbon. I was asked by a local dec officer last year to go on a hunt for them there. That is only about 6 miles from my home. It was assumed these were escapees from a local game farm now out of business. They were tearing up a farm there. I went one day. They make deer hunting look easy. To the best of knowledge, none were taken and they seemed to have moved on. All you need is a small game license and shoot all you see. The pic looks like a small pig to me.

confirmed in 6a near Lisbon. I was asked by a local dec officer last year to go on a hunt for them there. That is only about 6 miles from my home. It was assumed these were escapees from a local game farm now out of business. They were tearing up a farm there. I went one day. They make deer hunting look easy. To the best of knowledge, none were taken and they seemed to have moved on. All you need is a small game license and shoot all you see. The pic looks like a small pig to me.

I work in Norwood but live in Franklin county. I had heard from a couple coworkers that there were sightings in Lisbon but never had seen or heard anything official. I was wasn't positive if it was true and didn't want to spread false information with out warning that it may not be true. I have heard they make deer hunting look easy.

It seems like all the sighting have been "escapees from game farms" they have been confirmed to be in the state for quite some time now and are supposed to breed like crazy I am sure that some of them may have escaped but I doubt that all of them have.

I have been trying to keep up on the topic since the first year they first released open season on them. I find it interesting and alway wanted to go on a pig hunt but don't have the time to travel and don't want to hunt fenced areas. But I also don't want them in my back yard either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

searched google pictures for bears on trail cam found this..http://www.flickr.com/photos/59898141@N06/7944270014/.. yes the legs are more visable in this but it strikes a resemblance. not saying what you have is 100 percent a bear but looks damn close to it

The way I take this picture is.. it looks like a pig sorta laid down licking its paw. I zoomed in and tried making out anything and the only thing I thought I could see was the head. But again thats just my take on it.

Pigs dont have paws.

Looks like a beaver to me. Beavers can get pretty good size, and you arent able to tell the color of anything in an IR pic, its basically black and white.

Is there any way you can go back to that area and use the trail cam to get a picture of something of known size in the approximate spot where that animal was? For size comparison.

• Like 1

Pigs dont have paws.

Looks like a beaver to me. Beavers can get pretty good size, and you arent able to tell the color of anything in an IR pic, its basically black and white.

Is there any way you can go back to that area and use the trail cam to get a picture of something of known size in the approximate spot where that animal was? For size comparison.

Thats a good idea WNY and one that I will do. Im just trying to figure out wth this thing is.