success story

apoallo

so... kind of a funny story well to me at least. me my 2 hunting buddies are in the woods on a mountain. me and one other on top of mountain (hill) and the other on the lower part. my friend closest to me was about 150 to 200 yards off to my left and slightly behind me. 7:30 AMcomes and I hear a loud snort from my left then a boom from a 12 guage. no more than 2 seconds later a nice 7 point comes within 30 yards of me and stops I thought to myself this cant be the deer my friend just shot this must be another cuz he came to me waqy to quickly after the shot... anyways. I look at the standing buck and quick;ly look for sign of gun shot wound, bleeding, staggering etc... I didnt notice any of these so as he started walking away I blasted him in the front shoulder with my shotgun and he fell like a tons of bricks.. 30 seconds later I get a text from my friend that first shot say" dude we just shot the same deer" so I said ok no problem if he has 2 holes in him he is yours.... it turned out that we did shoot the same deer. I continue to wait and wait and wait and we set a time to leave the woods then come back later. a 1/2 hour before that time, i blow on my grut call and seconds after I got a response grut from up the hill more in the thickett. next I here this loud crashing noise through thethickett , then it just stops. Im waiting and turned toward that area with my shotgun ready and a few minutes later I see a buck coming out and walking down the hill paralell to me at about 75 yards he is broadside to me and I am trying to find an opening between all the trees finally i found one and a hair second before Ipull the trigger he turns quartering away from me but it was too late the round fired and I hit him in his A$$ about 1 inch right and 1 inch above his anus. .. OUCH... he fell then got up but luckly that got him to trott toward me then off to the side, I reloaded and put another round into his vitals and he dropped. a minute later hegot up again and started to walk away. at this point I am in shock and put another slug into his vitals which finally did him in. I thoght he was a 6pt but once I approached him He wasa very large bodied 8point and the last 2 slugs were heart shots.... anyway to make a long story short. this buck ended my 2 season dry spell. Ive been waiting for a nice wall mount and I finally got him. he was butchered today and tomorrow sent to the taxidermy for a shoulder mount. the only male deer I have ever harvested before this was a spike. hopefully these pictures will upload....post-1590-0-84634900-1353210056_thumb.jppost-1590-0-90044800-1353210114_thumb.jppost-1590-0-19022900-1353210160_thumb.jp