DEER IN CUBA

Buckwild96

Let me tell you about Deer in Cuba. They are a pain in my Dupa (it's Polish)

well now it's personal I tell you these are the douche bags of all deer, I get out at 5 30 AM and I wait about 3 to 4 hours n When I go in to grab a hot chocolate n breakfast them basterds come out when I'm in the trailor n this happened 3 FRICKEN TIMES Have you ever experienced this?????

Have those deer bring me back some cigars...

well now it's personal I tell you these are the douche bags of all deer, I get out at 5 30 AM and I wait about 3 to 4 hours n When I go in to grab a hot chocolate n breakfast them basterds come out when I'm in the trailor n this happened 3 FRICKEN TIMES Have you ever experienced this?????

Fool me once same on you, fool me twice same on me....

Edited by Larry302

First thing pack a lunch...

The best deer attractent:

Poor a cup of hot chocalate, coffee or tea and have a sandwich in your hand (with nowhere to put them down) and the deer will be all around you.LOL

#2 is take a leak, glove in your mouth, gun in one hand, and your manhood in the other, that also works. LOL

• Like 1

I just spent 4 days hunting in Cuba, and the OP is right on. These are the sneakiest SOB's ever. As soon as you are frozen solid, and enter the trailer, they all come out and laugh at you. 4 days straight they did this to us. Very frustrating days, but at least I was still outside and enjoying myself.

Time to change things up I would say. Seems the deer have you guys patterned instead of you patterning them. If your following the same ritual going to the same spots, at the same time, leaving at the same time they got you all figured out. Try going out just before your normal time of coming in. Confuse them, throw something different at them. Heck I wouldnt be afraid to have someone come with you and walk out at your regular scheduled leaving time while you stay put. Deer hears, sees, smell someone leaving they think they are in the clear while you wait in ambush.

Edited by wdswtr
  • Like 1

As Live2Hunt said pack a lunch, the best deer attractent . I had deer walk right to me more then once, with the wind blowing in there direction while eating a PJ sandwitch and a open thermos of hot apple cider.Or eating an apple.

AS far as the going in the trailer part.As you get older and you have been sitting out side as in the weather we had this weekend,you get smart and go inside out of the weather to get the chill out of your bones and not wind up being sick for the rest of the hunting season.And not have another chance at getting that big 10 pointer.

As wdswtr said change your pattern. I have now gone into my phase2 fall pattern. Sleep in till 8am and be in the woods by 10am. Hunt until 2 or 3pm.

I did this,on Saturday on stateland that is a heavily hunted area. I was set in my stand ( 4 feet off the ground) at 10am and had a doe down by10:20am.

As the season progresses guys are getting impatient and not staying in the woods as long. Days are getting colder, more guys are not staying still to keep warm.Most are leaving between 10-11am. The deer have us patterned quite well.They are now eating through the night , lay down at dawn to digest there food and are most likely moving to get some snacks (food water) after everyone is leaving for lunch. Guys come in at 2, deer go back and lay down until dark.They then pig out, have sex and party all night long.(thats my theory...LOL)

You can see this pattern also with geese and ducks. Geese leave the marsh an hour before shooting light and are back 10-15 minutes after sunset.

You now have to change your pattern and sleep in and stay on stand until at least 2pm. Its like throwing them a surpise party with a shotgun. LOL Give it a try and let us know what happens.

First thing pack a lunch...

The best deer attractent:

Poor a cup of hot chocalate, coffee or tea and have a sandwich in your hand (with nowhere to put them down) and the deer will be all around you.LOL

#2 is take a leak, glove in your mouth, gun in one hand, and your manhood in the other, that also works. LOL

i cant count on my hands how often these have happened to me.