Shooting from a blind

Paula

I shot mine from a blind this year. It was my first year using a blind, I borrowed it from my uncle. There wasn't any echo same as shooting it resting against a tree or from a stand. I know it is not recommended to shoot through the screens with a gun. That being said I didn't find that the screens blocked out that much wind or rain. In the blind I was using I unzipped the main window about half way and the side windows I only unzipped about 1/4 of the way just enough to see out. I found that to block the wind and rain sufficiently and still gave me a large field of view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

• Like 2

I have not noticed any difference in sound...I've turkey hunted from both a dog house blind and a chair blind...now if your hunting out of a wooden blind at any time...yeppers there is a difference...with out ear protection ...it can give you a "ringing"....I also just zip the solid window down just enough to see and shoot...I've had deer stick their heads in the blind with me during turkey season...they won't notice you if your not moving much...Good Luck.... Paula

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1