Done with Ameristep Blinds.

I've been using an Ameristep G 20 doghouse blind for 5 years now and it's still holding up well. Very happy with it. Granted I've yet to have to deal with Ameristep in a customer service type situation. The doghouse blinds are better for rifle than bow but they work with bow well enough. Plus they are a lot cheaper than typical hub type blinds

Not one peep from them...I'm sure it hit the recycle bin toot sweet...Ameristep knows that we are Amicansheeples....and their bottom line won't be affected any time soon...really just look at the last month of bull we allowed in this government....Absolutely NO accountability ....

• 1 month later...

I am looking for a larger blind then the Dog House, I had it lasted 4 - 5 years standing in one spot 24/7. I a wooded area, the first thing that broke was the roof supports from over a foot of snow sitting on it. Fixed that with some old left over tent poles. The fabric turned a reddish color, then started comming apart.I deep sixed it this spring.

I looked at the Doubble Bull blind, Brotherhood and a Field and Stream all around the same price. Thye Field and Stream is the highhest at 80" which should be good for a standing shot with a bow. I have only seen pictures of all, none in person.

• 9 months later...

i know this is an old thread but I just wanted to say that even though it seems like Ameristep could use lessons in customer service I use the G20 doghouse style pop up blind. This will be the 6th season I'm using it and it works great. I've gotten 3 bucks and a bear out of it and had about 15 - 20 turkeys so close  I could of spit on them. It's durable everything still works the same as the day I bought it. The only thing I had to replace was the Carry backpack. It's not that water proof so I use a waterproofing spray and seam sealer before every season. It keeps most rain out except for down pours but I wount be hunting if it's raining that hard anyway. SNow slides right off the roof it hold up to wind great and even helps conceal your scent. I frequently sit with my father in it since he has some trouble getting around with his bad knees and there is plenty of room for both of us (and we are not small guys). I really enjoy spending time in it with my dad, we even get away with some chit chat. They are very affordable. They might be a little hard for bowhunters but it's definitley doable. They set up and breakdown so fast I can do it under 3 -4 minutes. 

Yea I'm still pissed about that blind and have since replaced it with a Primos. I do have another Ameristep blind which hasn't been bear molested and that has held up well for 6 seasons now, it has faded a funny looking red from the sun but is still solid otherwise.

Oh I've learned to leave the entrances on my blinds unzipped now so if a bear wants to see in the can just poke a head in to look around instead of making their own entrance,lol...

I have an Ameristep Dog House blind. I bought it ~10 years ago, on clearance for $15 after hunting season. I'm certainly not saying they are the best blinds, but I set it up and use it every year for spring turkey, then again before bow season and keep it up until the end of gun season. I had the rods break on me, but it was my own fault, due to heavy snow accumulation collapsing the blind. Nothing that some duct tape couldn't fix though! I've certainly gotten my money's worth out of it!