I created a monster.

Nytracker

My nephew is spending the week fishing the Catskill. Do to work I couldn't make the trip . But he is having a good time  camping and fly fishing with a friend . Says the fishing has been tough but he is getting some nice ones . Just called me to brag . They are taking a break do to thunder storms and hard rain .

20220601_174616.thumb.jpg.ab5328c377abbd8e5fdef3b56b790549.jpg

Hasn't sent me a pic of the big bow he got this morning . The brown was from a spot I gave him to get away from all the memorial day weekend crowd on the willow. The big bow was from a spot I gave him in the Delaware. He has come a long way from the 12 year old that couldn't sit still while I taught him proportions and techniques for the traditional  Catskill fly patterns. 

• Like 18

My nephew is spending the week fishing the Catskill. Do to work I couldn't make the trip . But he is having a good time  camping and fly fishing with a friend . Says the fishing has been tough but he is getting some nice ones . Just called me to brag . They are taking a break do to thunder storms and hard rain .
20220601_174616.thumb.jpg.ab5328c377abbd8e5fdef3b56b790549.jpg
Hasn't sent me a pic of the big bow he got this morning . The brown was from a spot I gave him to get away from all the memorial day weekend crowd on the willow. The big bow was from a spot I gave him in the Delaware. He has come a long way from the 12 year old that couldn't sit still while I taught him proportions and techniques for the traditional  Catskill fly patterns. 

Giant! Awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fantastic Beast for the Willow!
Quite the shad!
I scoop netted a massive eel that flopped out of my nett on the Beaverkill last weekend. There were three of them digging in some shallow runs. Kept coming back to the same spot even though I was standing 5' away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Nytracker said:

Hasn't sent me a pic of the big bow he got this morning . The brown was from a spot I gave him to get away from all the memorial day weekend crowd on the willow. The big bow was from a spot I gave him in the Delaware.  

Awesome monster you created ! But I do have a question . " Do you believe for one second that when he ventures out and finds his own secret hotspot honey holes that he will share them with you ?  :rofl:

Edited by SportsmanNH

6 hours ago, crappyice said:

Fantastic Beast for the Willow!
Quite the shad!
I scoop netted a massive eel that flopped out of my nett on the Beaverkill last weekend. There were three of them digging in some shallow runs. Kept coming back to the same spot even though I was standing 5' away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup the eels were there to spawn ... they were making  a bed.

5 hours ago, SportsmanNH said:

Awesome monster you created ! But I do have a question . " Do you believe for one second that when he ventures out and finds his own secret hotspot honey holes that he will share them with you ?  :rofl:

Probably... he has taken me to a few of his secret spots and I had to break it to that I had fished them before . 

• Like 1