Not a good start to my day

Nytracker

14 minutes ago, rob-c said:

That really sucks , but could have been worse. Glad your ok , I don’t want to rub salt in the wound , but I hope the body shop can get parts for the repairs . 

If they can get the parts 30 to 60 days as per body shop manager. That was a guess as he hasn't worked  up an estimate yet . Worst part is not knowing .

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Nytracker said:

Called to check on my truck this afternoon . Paint work is done all parts are here.  He has 2 people on vacation next week but he hopes to get it back to me Thursday  or Friday.  Good news . 

Crazy it takes this long. 

My stepdaughter got in a fender bender two weeks ago.  Shop said parts won't be in for probably another 4-6 weeks. 

1 hour ago, mowin said:

Crazy it takes this long. 

My stepdaughter got in a fender bender two weeks ago.  Shop said parts won't be in for probably another 4-6 weeks. 

Kind of crazy for today.. We are so use to clicking a button and getting what we want today . 

We use to go to junk yard for parts to save money and we didn't have time to wait. As a kid l remember sending for stuff in the mail and it took 6 to 8 weeks. That was the norm . If you got it sooner it was fast.

I'm happy it's only been a month

• Like 1

On 6/3/2022 at 2:23 PM, Nytracker said:

What does this story have to do with me hitting a deer?

I could have missed the moment I hit the deer had I hit snooze once .... or perhaps had I not went back into the house and kissed the wife before  leaving .. or perhaps I had stopped at the yellow light  rather than cruise  on through before it turned red .  I hit a  deer with my truck . I'm not lamenting the star alignments .... or cosmic dust storm's effects on time cause and affect. 

At least a picture wasn't included. Haha

2 hours ago, Paula said:

At least a picture wasn't included. Haha

Since you brought it up Paula, here is a picture of “forky”.  He may very likely be the mean little buck that gave his life , so that my buddy could drive a virtually “free” car.   Sorry I couldn’t get a better picture. 

431305E9-43A0-40A0-A43A-4CCD1BC7E808.thumb.jpeg.13550801f49c3fc9887a60cc536a4e95.jpeg

Glad to hear that the op is finally getting his truck back.  Sometimes, these stories have happier endings.  Bottom line is, it always works out, just as The Man Upstairs (JC) intends it to.  

6 hours ago, wolc123 said:

Since you brought it up Paula, here is a picture of “forky”.  He may very likely be the mean little buck that gave his life , so that my buddy could drive a virtually “free” car.   Sorry I couldn’t get a better picture. 

431305E9-43A0-40A0-A43A-4CCD1BC7E808.thumb.jpeg.13550801f49c3fc9887a60cc536a4e95.jpeg

Glad to hear that the op is finally getting his truck back.  Sometimes, these stories have happier endings.  Bottom line is, it always works out, just as The Man Upstairs (JC) intends it to.  

Wait,little forky decided to give his life or jc decided that for him? trying to keep the facts straight...