Has the idea been approached

Grizz1219

I have to laugh when some of you say that the dusk and dawn are the best times for seeing deer.. you really mean that is the best time for the hunters that sit in the same spot all day to see deer. That is not my experience, or the experience of most of the hunters that I know... the best time to see deer is anytime we are in the woods. Again, there will always be those that hunt close to the edge of the rules no matter what the rules are... 1/2 hour before sunup and sundown will turn in to 35 minutes, then 40 minutes, then 45 minutes. Mainly because most hunters couldn't even tell you what time sunup and sundown are. No law is going to change that. The laws are created to save stupid people from themselves.

• Like 1

I have to laugh when some of you say that the dusk and dawn are the best times for seeing deer.. you really mean that is the best time for the hunters that sit in the same spot all day to see deer. That is not my experience, or the experience of most of the hunters that I know... the best time to see deer is anytime we are in the woods. Again, there will always be those that hunt close to the edge of the rules no matter what the rules are... 1/2 hour before sunup and sundown will turn in to 35 minutes, then 40 minutes, then 45 minutes. Mainly because most hunters couldn't even tell you what time sunup and sundown are. No law is going to change that. The laws are created to save stupid people from themselves.

totally agree I said that in an earlier post. I have harvested more deer between 10 am and noon than any other time of the day.

I can't speak for this year but I agree Bubba . In the past when there were more hunters out there , I would get most of my deer between 9:30 and 10:30 am . Hunters who sat would get up and walk the woods or walk back to their vehicle to get something to eat / drink and kick up some deer in the process .

Actually, the best time to see deer is with a spot-light with no daylight at all ....lol. By the way, I did hear some shots on opening day that were in that kind of condition.

As far as why some of these kinds of laws are created I think the reason for most hunting safety laws are to save all hunters from "stupid people", and that does occasionally include themselves......lol.

Actually, the best time to see deer is with a spot-light with no daylight at all ....lol. By the way, I did hear some shots on opening day that were in that kind of condition.

As far as why some of these kinds of laws are created I think the reason for most hunting safety laws are to save all hunters from "stupid people", and that does occasionally include themselves......lol.

yeah thats true also..lol

Who cares if it's not the best time. It's an additional hour of hunting time. I see deer before and after legal shooting time quite often.