need ideas for elevated hunting blinds....

Have seen them in or along a field or open area. Have to think you'd need a small army to upright it after assembly..?

Save yourself a lot of grief if you at least considered these:

http://www.sportsmanscondo.com/productpages/EZBracket.htm

http://www.homedepot.com/buy/elevators-4-in-x-4-in-double-angle-brackets-set-of-4-e188.html

Also at BassPro, etc.

mine has a little deck on it. i did it myself with the help of the skid steer, and tractor. prebuilt the walls in my garage over the winter, plexigass sliding windows, left over shingles from a garage i built. its still not complete. need to put batts up to minimize wind, and finish the bridge. lol

I was thinking of building a platform say 14feet high with 4x4s, ply and 2x6s. then setting a reguler hub blind right on top. anyone do this yet or have any ideas or suggestions?

Using mine for I think 4 seasons now......

Scroll down a few posts here, its the same user name.

http://blaserbuds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4818

railing works great and stops the hubs from collapsing in the wind, they just kind fold against it. And provides a safety rail.

I have foam on the corners in use so it doesn't chaff against the blind. Learned that real quick. I use a piece of conduit to prop the roof hub if its going to snow.(has survived a nor'easter and more than a foot)

Pop up is ready for a coating of silicone now, but stays out from Oct 1 til now every year and has held up great.(primos for $129)

Works best with a directors chair inside that is higher like bar stool height.

Edited by Dinsdale

Using mine for I think 4 seasons now......

Scroll down a few posts here, its the same user name.

http://blaserbuds.co...php?f=38&t=4818

railing works great and stops the hubs from collapsing in the wind, they just kind fold against it. And provides a safety rail.

I have foam on the corners in use so it doesn't chaff against the blind. Learned that real quick. I use a piece of conduit to prop the roof hub if its going to snow.(has survived a nor'easter and more than a foot)

Pop up is ready for a coating of silicone now, but stays out from Oct 1 til now every year and has held up great.(primos for $129)

Works best with a directors chair inside that is higher like bar stool height.

So I opened your link there and was reading a nd scrolling,then got down to ladder stand....I almost spit coffee all over my everything. Somebody actually uses that rough stick ladder stand? OMG! :)

Anyway,there are some good ideas on that site.But the ladder stand is unique.

So I opened your link there and was reading a nd scrolling,then got down to ladder stand....I almost spit coffee all over my everything. Somebody actually uses that rough stick ladder stand? OMG! :)

Anyway,there are some good ideas on that site.But the ladder stand is unique.

LOL....

Those are from a American guy who lives in Germany and his hunting club lands.

Up in Quebec rough log stands are built for moose.

The English style high seat is really comfortable to sit in using the rifle rail, can do some real good shooting off that one. Built a couple of those over the years.

To the OP do a search here typing in elevated stand.....my link is there from before and some other ideas.

I used elevator brackets http://www.gandermou...4-Pack&i=400878 , made things a lot easier for me. Put up on 16' 4x4's. Platform is 6'x8'. I put a pop up blind on top before season, then take it down right after. I strap it down. Made this a few years ago when the kids started hunting with me. Made things a lot more enjoyable and tolerable. The kids (OK, me too) could move around, stretch out, nap, or do whatever. I keep a small propane Buddy heater and a small propane single burner in there too for warming up coffee, soup, or anything else. It's nice to have a stand like this as an option for those rainy miserable days to have a little shelter. If I could do it over again, I would have only made it 12'. Just think things through and have a plan, before you start.

1025101304.jpg

Edited by Cabin Fever

Well you've seen mine so won't repost...but just say that I like mine more rectangle than square...and face the stand so your strongest winds hit the most narrow side...I don't concrete them...possible zoning issues....and I'm to0 cheap to buy the..... way overpriced elevators...JMO. so I run a "frame" along the bottom...cross brace the middle and cut blk locust and attach brace "legs" on all four corners...very stable and our winds have been strong enough to blow over ppls sheds...and my blinds are still strong and stable....