First shed of the season!!!

WNY Bowhunter

I saw this buck that I call Little Freak-Nasty 4 nights in a row last week while spotlighting...

PICT0007f.jpg?t=1354993053

I then spotted him again thursday morning with several other bucks and he was only packing one antler. I was surprised to see it gone already, he appearred to be healthy? Today, I went to check my trail cam and decided to take a little stoll along the ditch where he was the other night to see if he had dropped his antler nearbye. Realistically, what were the chances of that??? Pretty good in this case. I had only been looking for a couple of minutes and spotted it laying tines down in the hayfield!!!

Pics to follow shortly...

It's the same deer. I too was quite surprised when the drops didn't show up again this year. There is an abnormal point on this shed where the droptine was last year. I'm hoping that the drops will return this coming antler growing season.

It's a common misconception that a bucks' antlers stay exactly the same throughout it's life.

Here are two other bucks who's antlers changed from 2011 to 2012...

Buck #1:

Pictures11.jpg

Buck #2:

gfg.jpg

PICT0014ttbnbndfafafdeaf_zps7088aab5.jpg

Pictures8.jpg

Edited by WNY Bowhunter

Your pics are incredible and not trying to argue,, while you were posting pics, I was doing a little reasearch myself because I was unsure..

I dont know how to link website but heres address

Type in your search bar ( gooogle)

antler abnormalities understanding non typicals whitetail institute

Not saying it cant happen, but generally follow the deer year to year.. I have never shot a drop tine buck but multiple split brows and a third beam.. I think you just got a great heard and two many to keep track of lol

Im not saying I know anything ,, I just found it unsual that was the same shed after , such prefound drops from each side ,to suddenly not have them the next year..Thats all

I know what your sayin'. I was just trying to clear up any misconceptions, that's all.

Anyone can right an article on antlers or anything else for that matter......that doesn't always mean it's 100% true!

I need to write a book now that I think about it,lol