I hurt inside for a number of reasons..........

I hurt inside for a number of reasons. First for the people that were lost in this tragic killing and the innocent people we have lost in the past to the same situation. The killing of innocent people goes so against my thought process, I find it hard to understand. Second I hurt for this country, for no other time in the past do we seem adrift as now, energy, jobs, health care and gun control. It seems it's always a battle to get to where you want to go. You are supposed to look up to the people that lead you and guide you but now all they do trash each other to get the upper hand. I am a Dad, I am a hard working American, I am a Democrat, I am a gun owner and I hunt. Being a Dad I'm watching my two young daughters grow into something I could never imagine possible. Having a child is a blessing, it's a breath of new life in your sole. Then you look into their eyes and see all they have to endure. My 8 year old had to be sat down this week so we could talk to her about her feelings dealing with the shooting. I never remembered that growing up. My 13 year old the same thing but you can talk about a plan of action because they are of age. Republicans, Democrats, NRA the 2nd amendment, I really don't care. We all need to come together to pass some good laws, in the names of the the slain individuals. I don't want all guns banned. We need to educate,

train and if need be register gun owners. We need to find some common ground where we can all be proud and say we are Americans!!!!!

You can poke holes in this any way you like, i just needed to write it and share.

• Like 3

"We all need to come together to pass some good laws, in the names of the the slain individuals."

Really?

How many more laws can stop tragedies like this?

The shooter broke a lot of laws, as most murderers do.

If he broke a dozen laws last Friday, will another 20 laws help? Will another 50 laws help? Will sacrificing some of your liberty stop another tragedy?

Murder is against the law.....did that stop a tragedy?

Bringing a gun into a "gun free zone" (aka potential place for a mass shooting) is against the law.....did that help stop a tragedy? In fact all mass shootings occur in "gun free zones."

Sacrificing liberty for a political agenda is ridiculous.

Psycho killers will carry out their acts regardless of laws.

Let me ask you.....how many guns were used on 9/11 to kill 3K + people?

How many guns did Tim McVeigh use in killing those people in Oklahoma City?

How many guns were used in the school slaughter in Michigan in 1937?

Your democrat party wants to take your freedoms......think about it.

When fellow gun owners fall for the rhetoric of gun grabbing democrats and their complicit media, we ALL lose.

It was a horrible tragedy last Friday carried out by a very sick individual. Law abiding gun owners like us were NOT INVOLVED in this, and we should not be sulking. We are not responsible and stop feeling "guilty" that you are a law abiding gun owner!

It is a tragedy when fellow gun owners start to buckle and become willing to surrender their freedoms.

If we gun owners don't get together and fight Cuomo and obama, we will surely all hang separately.

• Like 1

I hurt inside for a number of reasons. First for the people that were lost in this tragic killing and the innocent people we have lost in the past to the same situation. The killing of innocent people goes so against my thought process, I find it hard to understand. Second I hurt for this country, for no other time in the past do we seem adrift as now, energy, jobs, health care and gun control. It seems it's always a battle to get to where you want to go. You are supposed to look up to the people that lead you and guide you but now all they do trash each other to get the upper hand. I am a Dad, I am a hard working American, I am a Democrat, I am a gun owner and I hunt. Being a Dad I'm watching my two young daughters grow into something I could never imagine possible. Having a child is a blessing, it's a breath of new life in your sole. Then you look into their eyes and see all they have to endure. My 8 year old had to be sat down this week so we could talk to her about her feelings dealing with the shooting. I never remembered that growing up. My 13 year old the same thing but you can talk about a plan of action because they are of age. Republicans, Democrats, NRA the 2nd amendment, I really don't care. We all need to come together to pass some good laws, in the names of the the slain individuals. I don't want all guns banned. We need to educate,

train and if need be register gun owners. We need to find some common ground where we can all be proud and say we are Americans!!!!!

You can poke holes in this any way you like, i just needed to write it and share.

No reason to poke holes in it .Its very well said

"We all need to come together to pass some good laws, in the names of the the slain individuals."

Really?

If he broke a dozen laws last Friday, will another 20 laws help? Will another 50 laws help? Will sacrificing some of your liberty stop another tragedy?

Bringing a gun into a "gun free zone" (aka potential place for a mass shooting) is against the law.....did that help stop a tragedy? In fact all mass shootings occur in "gun free zones."

When fellow gun owners fall for the rhetoric of gun grabbing democrats and their complicit media, we ALL lose.

It was a horrible tragedy last Friday carried out by a very sick individual. Law abiding gun owners like us were NOT INVOLVED in this, and we should not be sulking. We are not responsible and stop feeling "guilty" that you are a law abiding gun owner!

It is a tragedy when fellow gun owners start to buckle and become willing to surrender their freedoms.

If we gun owners don't get together and fight Cuomo and obama, we will surely all hang separately.

Great post!

Really?

JPP, well said!

Amen Brother! As a father of a 15 yo and 11 yo I feel the same way.

No amount of laws will stop phsyco's from doing what happened last week.I am right with JPP,no one person can say if we do this it will be safe.Hell even the President said that in his press conference today but then went right on saying we need more gun laws.We need to cast the blame where the blame should be,on the sick individual that perpetrated the killing last friday,not on a inanimate object that couldn't kill anyone unless it was wielded by someone trying to do harm.Nothing....NOTHING can make it so a sick individual like Lanza not do a cowardly act like this.If some crazy nut job sets forward to do something him not getting a gun will not deter him,it will only make him choose a different weapon or plan.

I don't have any young children & the current state of the nation scares me also. What have we created for the generations to follow.

Now to be the Devil's advocate - No disrespect to the OP's opinion, but do we need yet another Gun Rights topic??? Been proven over the past week this is a "Hot Button" for many, but really...