New Trail Camera ?.

Gthphtm

The last of my home brew cameras died.The last 2 weeks I changed cards and batteries and no pictures.I guess I cannot complain they have been out side all year for the last 7 years.Looking for at least 1 new one,I notice there are quite a few on sale now,looking for something in the $150.00 price range.Some thing easy to swap memory cards and take good daytime and night pictures,really do not need Video.What has been holding up good this pas hunting season or longer.

Look around, read reviews and pick out one you could live with.

Then wait until around Feb. to buy one.

New models are shown at the annual Vegas Shot Show.

Price & interest in last year's models really decline around that timeframe.

BTW - I was of the same mindset as you. Video, WTH do I need that for? It's really addicting to see the video of deer & especially a buck.

I too have a "Home-brew" that's on it's last legs. Photos are exponentialy better with a home-brew. As is the price.

Bushnell trophy cam. Great camera. Great pics. Long battery life. Easy setup and card swap. $160 on Amazon.

I agree, i have had my bushnell off only a week (accident) since last April with the same 8 AA. When i took camera from woods i put it back field and yard here so still on. I believe they recommend the lithium and i have reg in it

Edited by paula

Doc, after replacing the control boards 2 times and repairing the cameras internals also, they went to the transfer station. nyslowhand is right about the price of the home brew (better ones).

I am thinking of the Bushnell trophy cam,Just shopping around now. paula, I think they recommend the recharagable batteries,which I have the chargers for now.

Cam has to wait,need to get a new 12 volt AGM battery today, to start the snowblower and the sled,there talking anywhere from 10" to 18" of snow here.