Any Good Gunsmith You Recommend?

Elmo

In the future, it's going to be a bunch of trigger work. I want the poundage of all my triggers set to be the same.

But right now, I need to have a inner tube magazine of a lever action rifle to be crimped so that it fits Bloombergs retarded restrictions of only allowed to have 5 round capacity. Simple job it seems but I just need to reputable gunsmith to do it and write the invoice so I can prove that it's been done.

Bloomberg is a tool...anyways this is maybe the type of job you don't do yourself only because its a legality thing. I had a stock put on an ar15 that I definitely could have done myself but because it legally has to be pinned in place I wanted to have a receipt that I carried with me to prove it. If you do it yourself it still is just as effective but you might have to sit and wait for an officer to check for themselves if it ever came up.

• Like 1

I got a lot of recommendations for John Blauvelt in Wallkill, NY. That's an hour and 20 minutes from me. Several people think highly of him. I was hoping to find someone much closer because I want to establish someone I can go to regularly. If not, then I guess I'll make than long drive.

I got a lot of recommendations for John Blauvelt in Wallkill, NY. That's an hour and 20 minutes from me. Several people think highly of him. I was hoping to find someone much closer because I want to establish someone I can go to regularly. If not, then I guess I'll make than long drive.

FWIW......he gets high marks from many on a local forum for the Hudson Valley.

Bloomberg is a tool...anyways this is maybe the type of job you don't do yourself only because its a legality thing. I had a stock put on an ar15 that I definitely could have done myself but because it legally has to be pinned in place I wanted to have a receipt that I carried with me to prove it. If you do it yourself it still is just as effective but you might have to sit and wait for an officer to check for themselves if it ever came up.

Check what? The pin? Easy enough to test that, just try and move the collapsable stock, cant move it, its pinned.

I agree that Bloomberg is a tool, among other things lol.

Here's another place:

Sportsman's Den

Putnam Plz Shopping Ctr

Carmel, NY 10512

845-228-5744

However, I can't vouch for this place. Never had anything done there. I only know of the place because when my grandfather died, we gave them his moose head to display in their store.