Its planning time

Last year I put up Hawthorn and blueberry. This year some more hawthorn go in and I started wild grape and had some acorns sprout roots. Deer and bear ate all the turnips and apples by December. Our plot tends to be wet, we have to dig a drainage ditch an put a pipe in to get the water off it. Too much of that swamp grass taking over.

im trying too also... kinda hard w 2 ft of snow outside... lol

I went down to feed and water the chickens and the 200 yrd distance was a killer...snow was upto my knees...our shepherd got tired of my resting every 20ft...and jumped out of my tracks to run ahead she took 5 bounds then stopped and waited for me to catch up.....lol she didn't care for being buried with each bound...stayed behind me the rest of the way...

So all me after Christmas plans are on hold...just trying to keep up with the shoveling...got another 5 ins. last night..

No fat on the buck and then this early deep snow ...hhhmmmm won't be good if this keeps up.....They are smart though and should vacate the hill ...The valley has farm crops and less snow

Been planning myself. Did anybody frost seed if so what results?

I frost seed all my wheat land with red clover-grass mix every year. That way, I always have a fresh seeding. Works better for me, than fall seeding. The pics were seeded March 2012 on sandy loam soil with a ph of 6.0. Two cuttings of hay were removed before the pics were taken.This was a trial spot, as it was clear seeded non wheat ground.

post-888-0-76302000-1356885459_thumb.jpg

post-888-0-48958800-1356885566_thumb.jpg

Edited by landtracdeerhunter