Lets screw NY state right in the wallet...

I think some of you people are losing focus on who is the real problem here. Certain politicians decided to attack your 2nd amendment rights (not the DEC). They are the problem (not the DEC). Let's put our efforts toward eliminating the problem (not the DEC). Those who live in a voting district that had one or more of these politicians who voted for this law need to work very hard to see that they are replaced. And by the way, it doesn't even matter what they are replaced by. Send that message that we are not to be messed with. An anti-gun vote will cost you your job. In fact even if you are unsuccessful, and you simply make the vote turn out close, the message will be sent and these guys will begin to understand that they have a group of people that they need to be concerned about. Remember .... politicians are all about votes .... nothing else. Never mind the boycotts and other such random acts. Keep your eyes on the target ..... the politicians!

Everybody here knows the real problem is the politicians and I agree that as a group we all should be politically involved. The problem has been apathy pure and simple. All the squawking and chest thumping starts after the fact. How many belong to the NRA? How many got on the horn and called their representatives and voiced their views before this vote was taken? I am betting if the truth was known percentage wise the numbers would be low.

As for a boycott I am all for it, the whole idea is to cause pain and it requires sacrifice and sticking together. People have given their lives for the rights we have and yet I see people here that would not give up a single day of hunting, pretty sad.

Al

Everybody here knows the real problem is the politicians and I agree that as a group we all should be politically involved. The problem has been apathy pure and simple. All the squawking and chest thumping starts after the fact. How many belong to the NRA? How many got on the horn and called their representatives and voiced their views before this vote was taken? I am betting if the truth was known percentage wise the numbers would be low.

As for a boycott I am all for it, the whole idea is to cause pain and it requires sacrifice and sticking together. People have given their lives for the rights we have and yet I see people here that would not give up a single day of hunting, pretty sad.

Al

I don't blame people for not wanting to sacrifice their hunting for something that is aimed at the wrong people. And you know what .... I am not going to go out and randomly poke a neighbor in the nose because this law was passed either. What is the point of that? I have a specific target (don't take that word literally ....lol) for my revenge. I have a state senator that voted for this law. He's the one I'm going after, not some random agency in the government. You know, if we all somehow were to boycott the hunting seasons, the only message that would come out of that is that hunter numbers are once again plummeting .... I can see the headlines now. That action is not even related to passage of this latest gun law. It makes absolutely no sense, and it will not make any sense to anyone else. I can't for the life of me figure out how some here are making that connection between the DEC and the lawmakers who proposed and voted for that law. Can someone explain to me how the DEC was in anyway responsible for anti-gun legislation?

the deer hunting is weird, I did talk to one guy,$3,600 a year to join his hunting club, nice lodges walk in coolers guys on site to cut and wrap."Hunt" in shorts out of a shooting house, pick out your monster buck like lobsters at a restarant .

that doesn't appeal to me in the slightest and it's not even the money. I enjoy the challenge. The scouting, the prep. The time in the woods getting ready for the season with my dog is almost as enjoyable as the season itself. It's never been about the big buck for me. It's the time in the woods with my thoughts and enjoying nature.

Edited by Belo

I am all for going after the representatives that voted this crap in, I am happy to say that both of my representatives voted against this law and I was sure to let them know I appreciated it. Nobody said the DEC is responsible for the law being passed but pain will have to be felt and they would be one of the branches of government to feel the pain of a boycott. If a real boycott happened there would be a lot more people feeling the pain than the DEC. The outdoor sports generate millions of dollars in many areas and venues than just government coffers and if that money were to really dry up there would be a lot of pain.

Like what was mentioned above the one thing that gets things done in this country is "money"

Doc, let's not forget, that NY is infamous for channeling conservation monies into the general fund to make up for shortfalls. That's definitely NOT a surprise.

Actually they changed the law, the Feds caught on and told them to close the cookie jar or the PR funds would stop. Was it ever fixed, or is NY no longer receiving PR funds?