Recertification

ants

So how will this pistol permit rectification work, in five years? I see a lot of problems with every permit holder in the state having to do it all at the same time. In January 2018 is everyones permit expired? If so what happens to your guns while you wait for your permit to become valid ? How long will the process take? (It took me a few months) How will the state handle the sudden surge of renewals?

Just some questions I have been asking myself since the "Bill" passed.

All good questions that hopefully we will get answers to soon. My understanding is it will just be a re-validation of the information on your permit to make sure you name, address, and pistols on your permit haven't changed. Hopefully they will make it easy and allow us to do it on-line, like renewing your drivers license. The other question is how much will it cost us?

All good questions that hopefully we will get answers to soon. My understanding is it will just be a re-validation of the information on your permit to make sure you name, address, and pistols on your permit haven't changed. Hopefully they will make it easy and allow us to do it on-line, like renewing your drivers license. The other question is how much will it cost us?

I heard $70.00 but haven't seen it in writing

I find it ironic that the same group that wants this is so opposed to a voter ID card becasue it would make is difficult for those in ecomomic hardship to exercise their right to vote. They don't seem to have an issue with difficulty with protecting this right. I personally can't see the re-registration. if they have a database and a persons status changes like convicted of a felony then they should just revoke like they do with a drivers license.

• 2 weeks later...

I find it ironic that the same group that wants this is so opposed to a voter ID card becasue it would make is difficult for those in ecomomic hardship to exercise their right to vote. They don't seem to have an issue with difficulty with protecting this right. I personally can't see the re-registration. if they have a database and a persons status changes like convicted of a felony then they should just revoke like they do with a drivers license.

Total stupidity

So from what I have read the pistol permit recertification will just be making sure all of your information is up to date and will start out free. It has also been stated that if they find your info isn't up to date at the time of your recertification your permit will be revoked. And there is nothing that states it will continue to be free. The "assault weapons" registration/ recertification is basically setup the same way.

They are trying to put the whole process on the county clerks of the state and the county clerks are less than impressed with them adding unfunded mandates on top of the ones they already have.

Edited by noahmstone

Also they are apparently going to try and encourage people to start their recertification a year early to try and spread them out throughout the year. I say everyone wait until the last possible minute to recert to overwhelm them every five years as a reminder that we are not happy about what they have done to us.

Edited by noahmstone

Also they are apparently going to try and encourage people to start their recertification a year early to try and spread them out throughout the year. I say everyone wait until the last possible minute to recert to overwhelm them every five years as a reminder that we are not happy about what they have done to us.

I love that idea...LOL. if they were smart they would just set renewal dates based on Birth months. But since that makes sense we don't have to worry about that. :)

If we all stick together & sign petitions, write letters, call, send e-mails to our Reps. & vote the bad ones out (most) , maybe we won't have to do any of the new stupid rules by the time they start !

There's the solution to all this 2nd Amendment infringement. Make those votes for that law cost them dearly. Put the fear back in their actions. "I'm the NRA and I vote", that has to become something more than just a meaningless slogan. We have to stay united and single minded on this issue. I'm deathly afraid that that will not happen and these creeps will be emboldened by having gotten away with it.