Is this what we are to ...

growalot

Expect in NYS now?...

ppl pulled over for "random" checks?? and the other day on a job site... campus security found a car parked in wrong area...So he walked over to one of the job site guys working and asked about it...his answer was he need to ask the boss....next thing was ..."whats your name?" he was told a first name...Then "I want your date of birth and your phone number." The reply to that was a simple NO....He let out a laugh then said No huh?"...yep NO...

Really.... WTH who's training these ppl your date of birth and phone #???

Well he has to consider the company reputation and giving just a first name was reasonable ...so a reference to who he'd first spoken to when going to the site boss...but ys ppl don't have to give out such info as # and date of birth??

This whole random car check has stuck in my craw...I told Mr B not to be surprised if he gets a call from me at a police station one day....The next time an officer ever stops me and asks" Do you know why I pulled you over?" I'm going to say ...." Well if you don't know ...How in he!! am I suppose to?" Then tell him if he wants me out of the car he needs to get a woman officer out here....Yep...I'm now getting a tad peeved at whats been going on in this state...

• Like 1

Well he has to consider the company reputation and giving just a first name was reasonable ...so a reference to who he'd first spoken to when going to the site boss...but ys ppl don't have to give out such info as # and date of birth??

This whole random car check has stuck in my craw...I told Mr B not to be surprised if he gets a call from me at a police station one day....The next time an officer ever stops me and asks" Do you know why I pulled you over?" I'm going to say ...." Well if you don't know ...How in he!! am I suppose to?" Then tell him if he wants me out of the car he needs to get a woman officer out here....Yep...I'm now getting a tad peeved at whats been going on in this state...

the reason they ask you if you know why they pulled you over is to get a response of you admitting guilt, if they pull you over for speeding, and you say " I guess I was going too fast", that becomes part of their notes and it's used against you if it goes in front of a judge......more than likely they already know why they stopped you......my advice is to say you have no idea why you were stopped.

and vehicle check points have been going on for years, not to be confused with random vehicle searches, your vehicle cannot be randomly searched without probable cause.......it's amazing what people will admit to at theses check points which can lead to a search at the permission of a driver.....all I can say is that you should know what you can refuse and don't voluntarily offer up information that you don't have to.

Just remember there is a huge difference between a Officer asking you to get out of your vehicle and an Officer telling you to get out fo your vehicle.

Just remember there is a huge difference between a Officer asking you to get out of your vehicle and an Officer telling you to get out fo your vehicle.

yup, nothing attractive about getting pulled out of your car through the broken window....and the only thing a woman officer is needed for is to search you.

Oh my where to start?...lets see...

Yes being the age I am I am fully aware of the difference...now let me make this very clear...unless said officer is a woman and or has absolute cause given to me in advance there will not be any exiting The safety of my vehicle.

yup, nothing attractive about getting pulled out of your car through the broken window....and the only thing a woman officer is needed for is to search you.

Have to say the above statement is exactly why I posted what I did...So we are speaking of hypothetical situation involving ME . Let me just say to that statement....

"yup nothing attractive about having to read the contents of a law suite that would be properly placed so far up the dept. and officers back side they'd be able to read it from behind their eyes"

See I don't speed...carry contraband ...drink...smoke...or take drugs plus...I am the queen of staying between the lines ...Do not carry weapons other than hunting season...I do carry an attitude toward BS...If I am pulled over for no reason Attitude will be served up.

Now they would be told in a civil tone that I will not leave the safety of my vehicle with out a legal reason....I will not be put in harms way along a highway...I do require a supervisor to be present or to speak with one...The entire time I will be recording if not on the cam I carry at all times but via the digital machine I would have dialed at home from my cell . You may wonder..... why would you have thought all this out?...One thing.... life experiences and another I do not stop at night for red/blue flashing lights...my blinkers go on and I slowly drive to a public place or my drive..while dialing 911...before cells they just had to follow me...To say that pisses some ppl off is mild...too freaking bad...I taught our daughter to do the same and she has...Believe me when I say a few officers have left court being chewed out due to what we call "anger tickets" ones the judges saw through...See when it comes to right and wrong...I hold very strong opinions..... statements like this one below....Wrong...they had best have a damn good reason before stopping me. We do not live in a police state..... yet

more than likely they already know why they stopped you......
Edited by growalot

There is an abundance of videos exposing under-educated police. I shake my head and chuckle. If you know your rights please stand strong without showing any aggression. You may get mistreated but with so many cameras these days it is likely to be recorded and used as evidence in your defense. I just don't understand why so many officers don't really know the laws they are sworn to uphold. If I lacked the knowledge to perform my job correctly I would be let go and replaced by someone who doesn't lack it.

• Like 2

Oh my where to start?...lets see...

Yes being the age I am I am fully aware of the difference...now let me make this very clear...unless said officer is a woman and or has absolute cause given to me in advance there will not be any exiting The safety of my vehicle.

Have to say the above statement is exactly why I posted what I did...So we are speaking of hypothetical situation involving ME . Let me just say to that statement....

"yup nothing attractive about having to read the contents of a law suite that would be properly placed so far up the dept. and officers back side they'd be able to read it from behind their eyes"

See I don't speed...carry contraband ...drink...smoke...or take drugs plus...I am the queen of staying between the lines ...Do not carry weapons other than hunting season...I do carry an attitude toward BS...If I am pulled over for no reason Attitude will be served up.

Now they would be told in a civil tone that I will not leave the safety of my vehicle with out a legal reason....I will not be put in harms way along a highway...I do require a supervisor to be present or to speak with one...The entire time I will be recording if not on the cam I carry at all times but via the digital machine I would have dialed at home from my cell . You may wonder..... why would you have thought all this out?...One thing.... life experiences and another I do not stop at night for red/blue flashing lights...my blinkers go on and I slowly drive to a public place or my drive..while dialing 911...before cells they just had to follow me...To say that pisses some ppl off is mild...too freaking bad...I taught our daughter to do the same and she has...Believe me when I say a few officers have left court being chewed out due to what we call "anger tickets" ones the judges saw through...See when it comes to right and wrong...I hold very strong opinions..... statements like this one below....Wrong...they had best have a damn good reason before stopping me. We do not live in a police state..... yet

Something to think about, just because you know you didn't do anything doesn't mean you exactly have the right to refuse and could be putting your life in danger. Hypothecial Situation but this often occurs. A blue car with a female driver robs a bank at gun point and flees NB on 95 near exit 3. 20 mins later at exit 6 you driving your blue car NB 95 and are pulled over. knowing you are innocent you may not be thrilled but you will be removed from that car most likely at gun point and any refusal on your part could make your life much more difficult then it needs to be. Any competent PO will have no fear of a law suit in this situation as safety is paramount. That being said a PO can not just say oh I think you did something let me search your vehicle

That may be fine for some one who has not ALREADY dialed 911 the second the lights came on...had the keys visible on the dash and hands firmly on the steering wheel....Spin it any way you want ...they would be in court in a civil law suite should they decide to ignore any of that...Excuses for " overzealous tactics don't fly ...and take note that jjb has already let it be known( in general terms)...what I have stated in the past...ALL officers expect the public to be ignorant of their rights...They can question and detain me in my car... but when I clearly state I want a supervisor present and I'm uncomfortable leaving the safety of my vehical they have to call it in ...

That we could agree on ...though If I'm safe in my vehicle those type of things can't happen...now can they...as far as compliance for the sake of ..how'd he put it?....

any refusal on your part could make your life much more difficult then it needs to be

I guess that would be to make life easier...Well I have had no problem going to the mat for my principles in the past ...nor will I in the future ...getting out of my car and putting my self at risk for a bogus fact finding... lets see what we can pin on you interrogation...That would just make me a fool......quietly saying no and I have 911 or your station on the phone smart thing to do and it works actually...

I was stopped by a town cop once..he was notorious for stopping ppl on the main drag in town and doing random sobriety tests...He was hot when I said no sir ..I will not exit my car and do to injuries refuse to do a physical sobriety test on the side of the road...you have 2 options...give me a breathalyzer test now or have your capt here and I'll go to the hospital for a blood test...I put my keys through the slit in the window and said I won't leave the safety of my car until this is cleared up...he gave my a breathalyzer test and a ticket for failure to yield the right away...Did he think I wouldn't fight it? Over the years I've had a few of those type of ...do you know why I stopped you incidences..some are real butt wipes ..others take it for what it is...I won't even tell you what happened when I was made a jury foreman in a perversion case...other than when I was done it was entrapment.....by the way even the officer admitted to go figure

That we could agree on ...though If I'm safe in my vehicle those type of things can't happen...now can they...as far as compliance for the sake of ..how'd he put it?....

I guess that would be to make life easier...Well I have had no problem going to the mat for my principles in the past ...nor will I in the future ...getting out of my car and putting my self at risk for a bogus fact finding... lets see what we can pin on you interrogation...That would just make me a fool......quietly saying no and I have 911 or your station on the phone smart thing to do and it works actually...

I was stopped by a town cop once..he was notorious for stopping ppl on the main drag in town and doing random sobriety tests...He was hot when I said no sir ..I will not exit my car and do to injuries refuse to do a physical sobriety test on the side of the road...you have 2 options...give me a breathalyzer test now or have your capt here and I'll go to the hospital for a blood test...I put my keys through the slit in the window and said I won't leave the safety of my car until this is cleared up...he gave my a breathalyzer test and a ticket for failure to yield the right away...Did he think I wouldn't fight it? Over the years I've had a few of those type of ...do you know why I stopped you incidences..some are real butt wipes ..others take it for what it is...I won't even tell you what happened when I was made a jury foreman in a perversion case...other than when I was done it was entrapment.....by the way even the officer admitted to go figure

Maybe where you live with some Barney Fife harassing people but try and sit in the car here and demand a captain for a legimate car stop the best is you will get is a Sgt there why you get pulled from your car and arrested for failure to obey a lawful order by a PO. Mind you this if they had a legit reason to stop you and ask you out of your vehicle. Law suits don't scare a PO who's on the up and up.

I'm so glad the cops are now starting to be held accountable for their actions in regards to bogus tickets.

just couldn't help yourself could you? Obama, Clinton and Rice aren't held accountable for the murder of 4 US citizens and you are concerned about your parking ticket from some metermaid when chances are you probably were wrong

• Like 1

just couldn't help yourself could you? Obama, Clinton and Rice aren't held accountable for the murder of 4 US citizens and you are concerned about your parking ticket from some metermaid when chances are you probably were wrong

Seems like you have a personal agenda here. You have your views on the subject, and I have mine. Why you are making this personal and attacking me here is beyond me. I'd like to ask you to cease before you say something you regret.