Just bought Beretta Bobcat 21A for wife

She does not know this yet and still has to take the course and go thru the bullsh*t. What a great little gun. I had no plans to buy anything but when I saw it I thought... perfect for the wife. Nothing to rack. (see pics) Excellent safety. Single or double action. Small and lightweight like an .380LCP. 7in magazine +1. Only draw back aside from underpowered is you need to shoot the premium ammos. Another $2 a box for 50 I can take. Everything i have read says it shoots quite well and accurate. Was really having a problem deciding on a first CCW for her and think will do the job. As one person said to me "if someone pointed it a you are you gonna ask what caliber it is?"

post-402-0-87865900-1360357825_thumb.jpg

post-402-0-39951100-1360357899.jpg

How do you chamber a round without racking the slide??

There is a release that pops the whole barrel up and away from the frame (top right photo) Then you can load a round right into the chamber , close it back down, load a mag and you're good to go, with out racking the slide. kind'a cool. My friend had on in .25 cal Not sure what other cals. are available.

Edited by ants

The OP mentioned $2 or a box of 50..

That would make it a .22 rimfire...

With high velocity HP ammo, it is certainly more effective than the .25 ACP..

Deliver 3 or 4 rounds center mass on the mugger...I'm betting that he will cease his anti social activites, hopefully PERMANENTLY...

The OP mentioned $2 or a box of 50..

That would make it a .22 rimfire...

With high velocity HP ammo, it is certainly more effective than the .25 ACP..

Deliver 3 or 4 rounds center mass on the mugger...I'm betting that he will cease his anti social activites, hopefully PERMANENTLY...

Both the rep at Gander and online reading indicate a round tip is better than a hollow point for this gun as it will penetrate deeper.

Sorry... no it's a 22LR. I have read reviews that actually have said the 22LR is a better caliber than the .25. No hollow point either as you want deeper penetration.

The LGS had one in .25 for about a year for $150. No one wanted anything to do with it until about a month ago now basically his entire stock is gone and that was one of the first ones to go. I thought about picking it up just to plink with but it was gone by the time I got my pistol permit.

• 1 month later...

Picked up the bobcat today and shot a few rounds through it at 15-20 feet. First 2 shots I knocked the target off the wood post and then just shot the target on the ground. Hit it most every time. Only shot 10 rounds... cold out. Chambered well even with 1070fps ammo. For plinking i think we will use these but for carry may try the mini mag or the HP velociters. Had a guy tell me that the HP velociters will penetrate a 4x4 and exit the other side about an 3/4 inch wide. I'll try and see for myself.  

Shot this little guy again yesterday. It does not like standard CCI 40gr 1070fps ammo. I shot about 25 rounds through it and it failed to eject about 4 times. Shot 50 rounds of CCI 40gr Velocitors at 1475 fps and ran flawlessly. Hear this to be true about the gun and it was. Pretty accurate at 30 ft. Shot a few inches left and there is no adjustment. Confident at 15 ft or less it's deadly though.