Olympic Arms Press Release

The Fraternal Order Of Police have constantly supported erosion's of our rights pertaining to gun ownership. That is why Olympic is targeting law enforcement. The FOP supported the first "assault weapons" ban, and most certainly endorses this one. The original letter from Olympic, to the FOP clearly states this.

Who was bashing the police, I just think that its wrong that they can carry to "defend the people" but i'm not allowed to carry to defend myself, Its the leaders of this state and country that i'm having a problem with, I have family who currently hold the position of Under Sheriff and several others in law enforcement positions as well as more than a few good friends who are police, I want nothing bad to happen to them and i hope when the time comes to decide where their loyalties lie to the people or the government i just hope they choose whats right not whats financially motivating, The only way this very unjust law is gonna get overturned is if enough people in this state hate it enough to continue to be vocal and stand up for their rights, If they strip are 2nd amendment rights what other rights will they try and take or twist to fit their needs, That's why this is so important, Ya losing the guns sucks but the rest of our rights are at stake as well, They are something i will not sit by and watch be stripped from me or any other citizen, JMHO.

Police are government employees, and that's who's laws they follow. there are numerous laws they enforce that many people think are wrong and consider violations of their rights. They're already given powers to deny citizens of rights when they break the law......but, I guess people are expecting them to turn in their badges and give up their livelihoods..........and consider this, not all cops are pro-gun ownership.

In my " F-YOU " comment i said

that if you were not referring to me "Sorry" I think maybe you are just a little too full of yourself....But thats just me....

Yup, I was wondering when it would start getting around to that sort of comment. You should have started out with the personal attack to start with and we could have saved a lot of time .... lol.

jjb4900 is correct: the police are government employees. In many cases, they serve as govt. lackeys (speed traps to pad local coffers...etc.).

Those of you (Doc, et. al.) who support arming police in military fashion...tell me why? Why does a police officer need assault weapons? Are not most SWAT teams Unnecessary and a waste of money...and a threat to the citizenry?

The govt. is armed to the teeth, fellows.....and they wish disarm or under-arm the general populace. Hmmm.....why?

Those who wish to be armed in a manor equal to the govt. forces are not bashing police. They simply are demanding equality.....Hey, that's American, right?

I'll probably never figure it out why some people think that every unjust law becomes the responsibility of the police to change. I'm not sure what is so difficult to understand that cops don't make or change laws. That's not their job. These people had absolutely nothing to do with the passage of this law. Is that really a tough concept to understand.

You got a problem with the cops having the latest, most up-to-date weapons, go try to take on their job with anything less. You want them to ignore the law in protest and basically give up their livelihood? How many of you are willing to do the same. Why do you demand sacrifices of police that you would never be willing to make?

I'll tell you, sometimes I have no idea what gets into some people's heads.

jjb4900 is correct: the police are government employees. In many cases, they serve as govt. lackeys (speed traps to pad local coffers...etc.).

Those of you (Doc, et. al.) who support arming police in military fashion...tell me why? Why does a police officer need assault weapons? Are not most SWAT teams Unnecessary and a waste of money...and a threat to the citizenry?

The govt. is armed to the teeth, fellows.....and they wish disarm or under-arm the general populace. Hmmm.....why?

Those who wish to be armed in a manor equal to the govt. forces are not bashing police. They simply are demanding equality.....Hey, that's American, right?

Wow! What a strange twist this thread has taken ..... lol. I'll tell you something Early. The day that you power your way into a drug house full of guys armed with the best black-market weapons that drug-money can buy, then maybe you might deserve to be listened to regarding what cops need to do their job. If you want weapons of equal strength, that certainly has some merit. But you don't balance the scale by taking implements of safety away from those that we charge with enforcing the law. When you do that, that goes beyond just simple "bashing of police". This is where you get into wanting to endanger the lives of police.

By the way, are you having a problem with the military being armed with the most advanced weaponry too because it certainly does make the government "armed to the teeth". Maybe we need an armed drone in every family garage .... a rocket launcher in every bedroom closet? Come on, stay with us. Don't be slipping out of the world of reality. This militia type talk is starting to scare even pro-gun people into wondering what kind of people we are. Let's not start sounding like Tim McVeigh is our hero.

Wow! What a strange twist this thread has taken ..... lolI'll tell you something Early. The day that you power your way into a drug house full of guys armed with the best black-market weapons that drug-money can buy, then maybe you might deserve to be listened to regarding what cops need to do their job. If you want weapons of equal strength, that certainly has some merit. But you don't balance the scale by taking implements of safety away from those that we charge with enforcing the law. When you do that, that goes beyond just simple "bashing of police". This is where you get into wanting to endanger the lives of police.

By the way, are you having a problem with the military being armed with the most advanced weaponry too because it certainly does make the government "armed to the teeth". Maybe we need an armed drone in every family garage .... a rocket launcher in every bedroom closet? Come on, stay with us. Don't be slipping out of the world of reality. This militia type talk is starting to scare even pro-gun people into wondering what kind of people we are. Let's not start sounding like Tim McVeigh is our hero.

Doc why is my life less valuable than a police officers? Why should i not have a rocket launcher in my closet? Why Would You bring up TImothy McVeigh? Drones if i wanted one why couldn't i have one? You are putting the law above everybody that's not how it should be yes their job is dangerous but they choose to be police, They were not unwillingly appointed to the position they were not born into a class of police, They are people like you and i and they know what the job entails, Yes they should have the most modern up to date weapons they can get, But as a law abiding citizen so shouldn't I, This whole topic is about people standing up for what they believe in and if it means that the people who choose a profession that is dangerous cannot get something they need maybe just maybe the people in charge will see this and over turn an unjust law, The reaction from gun manufacturers is fine by me, We all are citizens of this state No one law abiding person is better than another, police,gas station attendant, truck driver, teacher, it doesn't matter we all should be able to choose what we want to carry for hunting or self defense, I'm sorry that you believe that a badge makes them some kind of royalty that needs to be above the general public, They are the general public, You sit there and put down the right to form a militia, you can bring up a terrorist who used a bomb not a fire arm, That's fine but you still have not given me one good reason i shouldn't have the same firearms the police are entitled to carry, And yes if an officer of the law is giving an order to carry out that they believe to be unconstitutional then yes they should quit that is their obligation to the oath that they took to uphold the constitution of the State and this Country, My job does not require me to make such decisions but if it did paycheck or not i would quit,

Doc why is my life less valuable than a police officers? Why should i not have a rocket launcher in my closet? Why Would You bring up TImothy McVeigh? Drones if i wanted one why couldn't i have one? You are putting the law above everybody that's not how it should be yes their job is dangerous but they choose to be police, They were not unwillingly appointed to the position they were not born into a class of police, They are people like you and i and they know what the job entails, Yes they should have the most modern up to date weapons they can get, But as a law abiding citizen so shouldn't I, This whole topic is about people standing up for what they believe in and if it means that the people who choose a profession that is dangerous cannot get something they need maybe just maybe the people in charge will see this and over turn an unjust law, The reaction from gun manufacturers is fine by me, We all are citizens of this state No one law abiding person is better than another, police,gas station attendant, truck driver, teacher, it doesn't matter we all should be able to choose what we want to carry for hunting or self defense, I'm sorry that you believe that a badge makes them some kind of royalty that needs to be above the general public, They are the general public, You sit there and put down the right to form a militia, you can bring up a terrorist who used a bomb not a fire arm, That's fine but you still have not given me one good reason i shouldn't have the same firearms the police are entitled to carry, And yes if an officer of the law is giving an order to carry out that they believe to be unconstitutional then yes they should quit that is their obligation to the oath that they took to uphold the constitution of the State and this Country, My job does not require me to make such decisions but if it did paycheck or not i would quit,

Boy, do I hate it when people try to re-write my posts to suit their argument. There is no one here saying that anyone's life is more important than any one else's. There is no one here that is saying that private citizens should be denied anything that anyone else is getting. No one here is saying that a badge makes anybody into royalty. So that takes care of 90 % of your reply. I welcome you to go back through any of my posts and find any of those statements ..... you will not, so stop fraudulently restating my posts. I say things in a specific way and those statements do not need any bogus, incorrect paraphrasing.

What I am saying, and have repeated no less than 4 times is that it is not an officer's duty (or even ability) to establish the constitutionality of the laws he is enforcing. For the jillionth time, that is the pervue of the court system ...... Now, did you understand that this time? I think that is clear enough, but if not, read it again.

I am also saying that firearms are the police officer's tools that are required for him to do his job. They are what keeps him alive. I believe the nature of his job and the fact that he is daily put in a position that has a higher probability of going dangerously bad than any of us civilians means that he needs an uninterrupted source of the tools of his work. I am talking about the requirements for a police officer to stay alive. He needs that firepower .... let me repeat that .... needs that firepower. Depriving him of ready access to that fire power is akin to signing his death warrant and offering up a high probability that the death warrant will be served. If that is ok with you, then we have a serious irreconcilable difference of opinion. Now before you launch off into another direction that is totally different from what I just said, let me remind you that I am talking about what a cop requires not what should or shouldn't be allowed for civilian use. Those are two different subjects. Do you follow that? I am trying to get across the reasons why cops need to have an uninterrupted supply of the tool that keeps him alive.

As far as all the other crapola that has been thrown at my original comment. It is all irrelevant. It is all trying to imply things that I never said. My comment regarded an attempt to deprive the free flow of weapons to those people that enforce our laws and count on those laws daily in the execution of their job. I realize what the message is from those companies, but worry about the unintended consequences (which apparently no one else does).

Relative to your belief that you should have rocket-launchers in your closet, and armed drones, that is just too ridiculous to answer, and ranks right up there with the belief that tactical nukes should be a part of the average household arsenal. I can't even consider that to be a serious comment.

It is guys like Doc..."The government will protect us!" guys, that will undermine us in the fight to protect our Second Amendment rights.

This one ranks right up there with the last reply in terms of fraudulently representing anything about what I have said. I would like you to explain what I have said that makes you come up with a crack-pot statement like that. This is just some ignorant dishonest outburst that has absolutely nothing to do with anything that I have said and you damned well know it. Listen, if you guys cannot argue against the points that I am making, at least have the integrety to not make things up.

My whole point is that these arms companies are just making a statement, and I say good for them. I don't think for a minute that this statement, protest whatever, will leave police under armed. If it did I would be against it. Police departments will properly arm their people, although such protests, by arms manufacturers might make it more expensive.

I also think that citizens absolutely face the same threats that police do and should be allowed access to the same type of weapons police have.

What I am saying, and have repeated no less than 4 times is that it is not an officer's duty (or even ability) to establish the constitutionality of the laws he is enforcing. For the jillionth time, that is the pervue of the court system ...... Now, did you understand that this time? I think that is clear enough, but if not, read it again.

So if the state police get the order from a corrupt government to go door to door and confiscate weapons in violation of the 2A you believe it is their duty to do so? I believe they have the duty to protect us against such action. No one elected Cuomo knowing he would be this radical. So when the gov goes off the deep end I expect the state police to take a position like the sheriff's department has done. Not just oppress the people because they are paid to do so.

I heard the argument that automatic weapons were banned and we are ok with that, so how could banning other dangerous weapons be a violation of 2A? Once we let them ban things like semi auto rifles they will move on to pistols and then the 1st Amendment will be attacked because we stood by for the 2A to be erased so what's the difference. They are trying to do away with the constitution and the bill of rights and people like the state police have a duty so protect us.

Edited by Chevy

The police are any easy target for the general uneducated person to lash out at, maybe it's because they are out there in the public eye and not hidden in an office. It's pretty disturbing at the amount of people that associate them with EVERYTHING that is associated with laws and the criminal justice system, when in fact they're only a small piece of the criminal justice system. It's beyond me to understand why someone who is pissed off about these laws would look at the local cop on the street and feel he has anything to do what is going on.........It sounds to me like many go to bed at night fearing their front door is going to be kicked open and the cops are going to storm in and take all their guns.

Answer me this. Why has the sheriff's department spoken out against what Cuomo has done and the state police have not? I don't believe one group of cops feels that much different than the other. It's because the state police work for Cuomo and they are choosing violating our rights over protecting the people. I don't expect them to quit, just have a set of balls and speak their mind. He can't fire all state police if they stick together.

Answer me this. Why has the sheriff's department spoken out against what Cuomo has done and the state police have not? I don't believe one group of cops feels that much different than the other. It's because the state police work for Cuomo and they are choosing violating our rights over protecting the people. I don't expect them to quit, just have a set of balls and speak their mind. He can't fire all state police if they stick together.

my guess is because most Sheriff's are elected by the people, and if I'm not mistaken, the Head of the NYS Police is appointed by the governor.............that say's it all

• Like 1

I'll probably never figure it out why some people think that every unjust law becomes the responsibility of the police to change. I'm not sure what is so difficult to understand that cops don't make or change laws. That's not their job. These people had absolutely nothing to do with the passage of this law. Is that really a tough concept to understand.

You got a problem with the cops having the latest, most up-to-date weapons, go try to take on their job with anything less. You want them to ignore the law in protest and basically give up their livelihood? How many of you are willing to do the same. Why do you demand sacrifices of police that you would never be willing to make?

I'll tell you, sometimes I have no idea what gets into some people's heads.

ok doc this is how it works, and why olympic and others did what they did. cuomo tells state police to take out a crack house. crack house is known to be armed with top of the line black market whatevers. trooper on the ground takes his service piece thats had no service in many years and has only the 7 rounds of ammo thats alotted to them do to company boycotts. any smart officer and up is going to tell cuomo we are not properly equiped. you do it or get me the tools to do it. change would be made. now for the buisness side. there is no arms manufacture in the world that can keep there doors open without the 2nd amend. americans buying product 24/7 365 days a year.(yes the world ask tula, centry arms, norma, lapua, or any other international manufactor or supplier.) gov contracts are a nice perks but they are low margin. just alitte more then cost of manufacturing.(no product development money, no profit) so any time these laws pop up and prevent a company from selling their products to the general population they have closed the profits in that market. they simply cant afford to stay in ny. the publicity for olympic far out weights what very little profit the will get from ny agents. not police bashing, collateral damage of bad politics crossing corp leveraging.

My whole point is that these arms companies are just making a statement, and I say good for them. I don't think for a minute that this statement, protest whatever, will leave police under armed. If it did I would be against it. Police departments will properly arm their people, although such protests, by arms manufacturers might make it more expensive.

I also think that citizens absolutely face the same threats that police do and should be allowed access to the same type of weapons police have.

I agree with most of that, however, if the new policy of these gun companies does not put the hurt on police agencies, then most likely the whole thing is just an empty gesture that will simply put a smile on Cuomo's face. If it does put a hurt on the ability of police to safely do their job, then I'm against it. It's good for these guys to take a firm position on this new gun law as long as it doesn't wind up with any unintended consequences.

I agree with most of that, however, if the new policy of these gun companies does not put the hurt on police agencies, then most likely the whole thing is just an empty gesture that will simply put a smile on Cuomo's face. If it does put a hurt on the ability of police to safely do their job, then I'm against it. It's good for these guys to take a firm position on this new gun law as long as it doesn't wind up with any unintended consequences.

to be quite honest, I've never even heard of these companies who are boycotting NY. Kinda like Hyundai saying they're not gonna supply cars to any NY law enforcement agency.

Edited by jjb4900

So if the state police get the order from a corrupt government to go door to door and confiscate weapons in violation of the 2A you believe it is their duty to do so? I believe they have the duty to protect us against such action. No one elected Cuomo knowing he would be this radical. So when the gov goes off the deep end I expect the state police to take a position like the sheriff's department has done. Not just oppress the people because they are paid to do so.

I heard the argument that automatic weapons were banned and we are ok with that, so how could banning other dangerous weapons be a violation of 2A? Once we let them ban things like semi auto rifles they will move on to pistols and then the 1st Amendment will be attacked because we stood by for the 2A to be erased so what's the difference. They are trying to do away with the constitution and the bill of rights and people like the state police have a duty so protect us.

A cops job and duty is not to enforce his opinions. I'm sure you can imagine where that would lead if they all did that. There are others that properly make opinions on that sort of thing. They are called the courts. Your comment here does not have anything to with police actions or inactions. Your beef is with the politicians that proposed and voted in favor of this law. Don't be taking out your frustration on random innocent agencies. Stay focused on those that have caused the problem. And keep that focus until the next election.

How about one of you guys who suggest that an individual officer take a stand and lose his job and everything else that comes along with that, and who have even hinted at armed resistance to fight against any lawful action against you and your guns, do this...show up at the State Capital for the next rally and bring with you any currently illegal magazines, weapons or whatever you refuse to give up or register and make a statement by getting arrested for these unconstitutional laws..........it may cost you some money, the loss of a job and who knows what else, but by the time you fight it all the way to the supreme court, it will hopefully be ruled that the laws under which you were arrested are unconstitutional and you will be exonerated and the laws will all have to be reversed.

ok doc this is how it works, and why olympic and others did what they did. cuomo tells state police to take out a crack house. crack house is known to be armed with top of the line black market whatevers. trooper on the ground takes his service piece thats had no service in many years and has only the 7 rounds of ammo thats alotted to them do to company boycotts. any smart officer and up is going to tell cuomo we are not properly equiped. you do it or get me the tools to do it. change would be made. now for the buisness side. there is no arms manufacture in the world that can keep there doors open without the 2nd amend. americans buying product 24/7 365 days a year.(yes the world ask tula, centry arms, norma, lapua, or any other international manufactor or supplier.) gov contracts are a nice perks but they are low margin. just alitte more then cost of manufacturing.(no product development money, no profit) so any time these laws pop up and prevent a company from selling their products to the general population they have closed the profits in that market. they simply cant afford to stay in ny. the publicity for olympic far out weights what very little profit the will get from ny agents. not police bashing, collateral damage of bad politics crossing corp leveraging.

Actually what you are saying about the state police may be true, except that even Cuomo cannot compel companies to supply weapons regardless of how loud the state police may complain about weapons shortages. Also bear in mind that a lot of the more dangerous law enforcement is done in inner cities by municiple police forces from city governments that simply have to live with whatever constraints that are shoved at them. So anyone hoping that gun and ammo manufacturers boycotting sales to NYS is going to force the repeal of this gun law, I believe are barking up the wrong tree. The courts are the only way to repeal that law.

Also, cops lives being turned into any kind of "collateral damage" for any reason is not acceptable to me.

• Like 1