Fixing a box call?

josephmrtn

this is my only box call... i lost it while turkey hunting last spring and found it a few months later... a cow had just barely stepped on it and broke the one side... i trimmed it down a bit w my knife but dont like how it looks, plus i cant play on that side... is there any way i could get it fixed somehow? TPHunter is it possible to replace the one side?

post-2634-0-07358400-1361377781_thumb.jp

post-2634-0-51759100-1361377789_thumb.jp

post-2634-0-97573200-1361377799_thumb.jp

post-2634-0-62352100-1361377810_thumb.jp

The way that call is made removing the bad side and replacing it would be a tough job, it would require running it over a tablesaw blade to remove the wood in the "Groove" then making a piece to fit in the groove and hope the saw blade doesn't cut to wide a curf...You'd also have to make a filler piece to keep the call from tipping due to the other side still having a lip on it...Gluing a piece on and reshaping it would make it look better but it won't sound very good...It might still be alright as a one sided call...I'd like to look at it though.

Step on the other side and buy a new one!

LOL

The way that call is made removing the bad side and replacing it would be a tough job, it would require running it over a tablesaw blade to remove the wood in the "Groove" then making a piece to fit in the groove and hope the saw blade doesn't cut to wide a curf...You'd also have to make a filler piece to keep the call from tipping due to the other side still having a lip on it...Gluing a piece on and reshaping it would make it look better but it won't sound very good...It might still be alright as a one sided call...I'd like to look at it though.

\

it still calls just fine...

Not worth fixing it. Send me your addy in a PM and I'll send you one that I have. Same design with a Cherry lid and one Cherry soundboard and one Sycamore.

for free?!?

Not worth fixing it. Send me your addy in a PM and I'll send you one that I have. Same design with a Cherry lid and one Cherry soundboard and one Sycamore.

Now there is a good guy... never met ya , but know i'd like ya. That was just a plain old nice thing to do.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

if you ever get up to philly you can swing by and have a look...