Antis attack hunting coyotes with hounds

Speaking as a fellow hunter who wants the threats against all predator hunting to cease, I don't think you can speak for all houndsmen because from what you wrote you sound as if you keep it clean and abide by laws. So the antis must not be talking of you. If the antis claims are truly unfounded, then awareness of the truth should be publicly announced so that the treehugging anti hunter/ anti gun people can be proven wrong.

When I posted this--"Lets ask our fellow NYS deer hunters, would they want dogs running deer from Oct.1st-mid Dec. while they are trying to hunt deer? I wouldn't,and that's where I am with this topic".

I simply meant that people hunting deer with dogs all throughout deer season would make most deer hunters quite upset. Right? So why should predator hunters have to put up with it?

Yes, only hunting on private land is one thing and I commend you in striving for that, but can you guarantee 100% that a dog will not cross my boundary and upset my hunt? That scenario in reverse would be like me catching your dog and chaining it to the guardrail til' you tracked it down, loaded him in the truck, and go home without a coyote.

The antis are standing up against our hunting privledges, not because I go sit in the woods with a call and a rifle. You don't see,hear, or smell me because I'm off the road, on private land and bothering no one. There is a battle going on with antis and I don't take too kindly to my sport being threatened!

For you guys who spoke up and defended hunting with hounds, awesome! That's what needs to happen! Don't think for a minute that anti hunters will back off. If their claims are not rebuked, they will take that as an admittance to what you're doing is wrong.

Whew! I'm outta' breath after that! :scenic: Night folks, I'm goin' yote huntin' tonight

Sorry, but you are an anti's wet dream. Throw your fellow sportsmen under the bus because they dont hunt the way youd like them to. Havent your eyes been opened by the current state of affairs with the 2nd amendment debacle? If you havent been paying attention, you should take a serious look at how the antis are using the gun owners that have no issue throwing other gun owners under the bus to further their cause.

This article is complete nonsense, and for you to stick up for it makes you part of the problem.

Just the opinion of a fellow caller that has never hunted with a dog, but sees no problem with the use of them within the legal definitions.

• Like 2

Sorry, but you are an anti's wet dream. Throw your fellow sportsmen under the bus because they dont hunt the way youd like them to. Havent your eyes been opened by the current state of affairs with the 2nd amendment debacle? If you havent been paying attention, you should take a serious look at how the antis are using the gun owners that have no issue throwing other gun owners under the bus to further their cause.

This article is complete nonsense, and for you to stick up for it makes you part of the problem.

Just the opinion of a fellow caller that has never hunted with a dog, but sees no problem with the use of them within the legal definitions.

Exactly, within legal definitions. There must be atleast a few that don't follow the rules. Feel free to prove that wrong, but it can't be done unless you're following on the bootheels of every houndsman in NYS. I'll put it this way, doesn't it upset you that our sport is in danger? It does me, and someone (houndmen) need to make it right by by setting the record straight. I simply wan't them to take their own stand so that my sport is not put in jeopardy for something that I never take part in.

Yes, the 2nd amendment debacle weaseled it's way in. So why sit back and blow this off, in light of the fact that coyote hunting could possibly be taken away? It's not throwing under a bus, it's more like start treading water houndsmen and own a bit of responsibility , or I'll knock you off my boots like mud after a day of work!

I don't hold my tounge in hopes of gaining the likeability award from everyone who calls themselves hunters. I believe if you create the problem and bring scrutiny to the table, then you should clean it up.

You guys may not agree with my standpoint on this issue.That's ok. Guess I'm just a bit rebellious, like my gggg grand daddy who fought the british in White plains & Saratoga, but I'm not the problem!

I highly cherish my rights and privledges to be a NYS hunter, so why the feck would I oblige the antis in any aspect. I don't!

Just venting my frustrations of the flack that hunting gets due to a few bad apples.

Oh, by the way, no luck on the yotes last night. Had one get downwind of me. Never saw it, just the tracks on my way out.

Predate. you are giving the ones against this wayyyyyyyyy too much credit. You can stand on a soapbox and provide 1,000's of cases that fly in the face of what they wrote...THEY DON"T CARE!!!! They get the press. they will not have their emotional reactions clouded by facts. The same reason they are going after the "assault rifles" first. they are less than 3% of the firearms deaths. It the saftey they claim is their true goal they should be taking on pistols first. That is why they are focusing on running animals with dogs. They can paint a much more disdusting picture that will get eh publics attention....true or not. And an argument to the contrary will get no press. Your predator style of hunting isn't going anywhere. Predator hunting 9trapping) is needed just like deer hunting is needed. If anything is on the block the hound hunting could be.

Needless to say that I've had coyote hounds in my scope on many occasions. After all, they are canines running through the woods! Oh, in Delaware County might I add.

Hey, just like old Aarron Tippin said, "You got to stand for something, or you'll fall for anything".

I have views and express them when and where I see fit, you might call me a "people pleaser"! Heh Heh!

predate,

I'm as dedicated coyote caller as you will find,

you can't point out the negatives about hound hunting without also includeing the negatives with callers

I have seen so many callers calling out the window of the truck while drinking beer it makes me sick

you can't condemn a whole group of hunters based on the poor behavior of a few, or we would all be condemned,

many callers take your stand, and I can't condone any hunter calling out another hunter for doing it different,

• Like 2

Predate. you are giving the ones against this wayyyyyyyyy too much credit. You can stand on a soapbox and provide 1,000's of cases that fly in the face of what they wrote...THEY DON"T CARE!!!! They get the press. they will not have their emotional reactions clouded by facts. The same reason they are going after the "assault rifles" first. they are less than 3% of the firearms deaths. It the saftey they claim is their true goal they should be taking on pistols first. That is why they are focusing on running animals with dogs. They can paint a much more disdusting picture that will get eh publics attention....true or not. And an argument to the contrary will get no press. Your predator style of hunting isn't going anywhere. Predator hunting 9trapping) is needed just like deer hunting is needed. If anything is on the block the hound hunting could be.

Point well taken. That's the thing. I don't want to see hound hunting go away.I know folks who do it and there are a bunch of guys on here who love it and do it the right way. I don't think it's wrong, as they have just as much right to enjoy the outdoors as anybody else. I don't like giving the antis any leeway and just want the eyes taken off our sport.

Divide and conquer ! Guys we are all comming from the same place in defense of hunting. Lets agree that we disagree on the finer points on some subjects.O.K.? The anti forces want to get us enstranged from ourselves in just the way some of these threads turn out . I for one will allways question the motives of any poster that does this !

predate,

I'm as dedicated coyote caller as you will find,

you can't point out the negatives about hound hunting without also includeing the negatives with callers

I have seen so many callers calling out the window of the truck while drinking beer it makes me sick

you can't condemn a whole group of hunters based on the poor behavior of a few, or we would all be condemned,

many callers take your stand, and I can't condone any hunter calling out another hunter for doing it different,

I hear ya' there and I'm not meaning to place any blame on the good guys. It's the lazy ones, like you said, hunting from trucks n' such. I get pretty fired up about this sort of negative attention on hunting, any hunting. I just keep writing because I feel like some don't take it seriously, then what happens, some sort of bull crap like the safe act.

I don't like giving the antis any leeway and just want the eyes taken off our sport.

The eyes will never be taken off our sport, so forget that, its a pointless thing to ponder. Instead, stand up for all hunters that follow the law, no matter if they hunt the same way as you or not. Consider taking your stand against the law breakers instead.

Divide and conquer ! Guys we are all comming from the same place in defense of hunting. Lets agree that we disagree on the finer points on some subjects.O.K.? The anti forces want to get us enstranged from ourselves in just the way some of these threads turn out . I for one will allways question the motives of any poster that does this !

Well put. I see why some folks saw my comments as being for the anti, believe me that's not my motive.

The eyes will never be taken off our sport, so forget that, its a pointless thing to ponder. Instead, stand up for all hunters that follow the law, no matter if they hunt the same way as you or not. Consider taking your stand against the law breakers instead.

That's what it boils down to, I don't like the law breakers who endanger hunting.

• Like 1

Neither do I, but Im not going to throw an entire method of hunting under the bus just because some that do it dont follow the law. Using that mind set, you would have to throw all hunting methods under that very same bus, and back over them after the first time you run them over. There are bad apples in every bunch.

Next time you hunt predators try putting Q tips dipped in skunk scent in a circle around you ! Works for me try it sometime...

I've heard of trying to mask my scent with skunk essence, but most predator hunters agree that a coyotes nose can't be fooled and that if you were to bathe in cover scent, to them you'd just smell like a human covered in scent.

I might give it a try though, what could it hurt, although lately the snow is so crunchy that I don't want to do any extra walking around. In the middle of the night when everything is silent, crunchy snow is terribly loud.