2003 Honda VTX 1800S

I have a 2003 Honda VTX 1800S (spoked wheels) with less than 5,000 miles on it. I bought it new and have maintained it very well. It has never been down and always garage stored. The factory exhaust has been modified and has a nice low tone, not the normal Honda whine. It has Leather Saddle bags, backrest, luggage rack, light bar, high windsheild (off in the pics-I was waxing the bike), tanks bib and chrome cruising pegs. It also comes with a contoured solo rack that changes the whole look of the bike when you take off the rear seat and rest. Rubber has a lot left.

$6,500

post-203-131455343057_thumb.jpg

post-203-131455343075_thumb.jpg

post-203-131455343093_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...

OK....I stored this for the past winter because a buddy wanted it. He cam out and test drove it and got scared. Too big and too much engine for him to feel comfortable. So. I am putting it out for sale again. If you guys know of anyone that is interested let me know. They will not be disappointed in this bike.

Milage? Really depends on how you are driving it. I have done as good  42 on Highway trips but you can easily drop to below 30 if you are heavy in the throttle around town.

I told him he was a sissy. (used a different word actually) ;) . Good call for him though. You have to be confortable on the bike you ride. He is a tall guy but very thin and that thing is pushing 1,000 pounds loaded with fuel and full bags. Never had to pick it up but always wondered if I could have.

Its all about leverage and pure rage when you have to pick a bike up that fell over, adrenallin will turn most men into the hulk when the time comes. I found that out a coupe of times with mine when I had it and the kick stand didn't go down all the way when I was dismounting. Turns out you can catch a falling bike swear and lift all at the same time. ;D

Thats easy, the bike comes first. You can always find another chick, but the chick magnet is harder to replace.

Yeah, that's what I figured you guys would say.  Probably the right thing to do in the long run when one stops to think what a chick magnet can lead to.  You know what I mean.  step 1-Chick magnet attracts girl.  step 2-Girl disconnects magnet.  step 3-Girl firmly attaches ball and chain around the neck of the guy.  LOL

Thats easy, the bike comes first. You can always find another chick, but the chick magnet is harder to replace.

Yeah, that's what I figured you guys would say.  Probably the right thing to do in the long run when one stops to think what a chick magnet can lead to.  You know what I mean.  step 1-Chick magnet attracts girl.  step 2-Girl disconnects magnet.  step 3-Girl firmly attaches ball and chain around the neck of the guy.  LOL

And that is how I came to not own a motorcycle anymore...lol

LOL....hit it on the head....always catch the bike first. I really hate to get rid of it but I just can't seem to find the time for it anymore. Plus it will give me a few bucks for toys and I promised my daughter a car if she stayed on high honor role until she could drive. The little chit is maintaining a 98.6 average and no signs of going down. Sooooooo It's gonna cost me some cash...lol

And that is how I came to not own a motorcycle anymore...lol

There you go, Doe!!  The best we can hope for is that they might put a little padding around that steel neck collar, and that's about it.  For some guys it's spikes!  LOL

Its all about leverage and pure rage when you have to pick a bike up that fell over, adrenallin will turn most men into the hulk when the time comes. I found that out a coupe of times with mine when I had it and the kick stand didn't go down all the way when I was dismounting. Turns out you can catch a falling bike swear and lift all at the same time. ;D

Doe, I rode from Long Island to Sturgus about 10yrs ago. Great trip lots going on. Many bike vendors and there was an attraction to demonstrate how to pick up a bike even the big ones. They had a fully dresses honda laying on its side and a woman about 120# picked it right up with ease. Just have to know how.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...