March 16, 2013, 9:26 pm

ROCHESTER, NY 14606 

Dispatched to Sort Facility

March 16, 2013, 4:46 pm

NEWARK, NY 14513 

Acceptance

March 16, 2013, 9:55 am

NEWARK, NY 14513 

Package shipped Saturday and should have been there Monday. See anything wrong with the process? LOL. Delivery was for Spring City, PA.

USPS just plain sucks,,,,Have had problems with mail for the last couple of years,we have people delivering our mail that look like gang bangers always late or on the phone.They all suck no wonder they are going out of bussiness..They blame the internet but you hire lowlifes to do a job.Not the the old days when you knew your carriers name and he was there the same time everyday.

Had to send a lightweight (5 pounds) but large package last month.  USPS quoted me $65 and my jaw hit the floor.  Went to FedX....$28.  Much better!

Are you sure you werent looking at the price for overnight or 2 day? I have a package thats 18x12x14 thats 5lbs thats going through USPS in the next day or two and its costing $12. Fedex wanted almost double that.

with all due respect to anyone that is a mail carrier, the postal system is just another entitlement system. The entire reason that it still is in existence in its current form is to avoid job losses to the government employees that will receive full benefits upon retirement. It is an archaic failing business that needs major reform. What private business reacts to falling demand by raising the prices for their services? Regular mail should be delivered only 2 days a week. Anything that is urgent is sent via FedEx or UPS anyway.

Private companies wouldn't do what the post office does as far as delivering mail to rural areas because there is no money in it.  The USPS is basically mandated to do things that cause them to lose money, yet they are required to be self sufficient and not use tax payer money.  They definitely need an overhaul but the USPS is one of the few government agencies authorized by the US Constitution and until we can eliminate all mail delivery they will still be necessary.

Just my $.02.  And my comment on the X's was meant to be a joke.