Issues With New Smith and Wesson Victory

I got a few hours to hit the range this morning, and decided to break-in my new S&W Victory. The night after I got it, I took it apart and then lived it per the manual.

This morning was nothing but frustration. Literally 6-7 rounds out of 10 got hung up either in the ejection port or inside of the next round. I only took a box of bulk Federal Automatch with me, so it could be the ammo, but honestly, I bought this gun because most of the reviews I read said it would run anything they put through it. I shot about 8 mags hoping things would loosen up and correct, but no such luck. 

I took a photo of the empty casings, you ca see how they were getting crushed on the ends. Does anyone have an idea of what might be happening, and is it something that I should contact to get warrantied? At this point, the pistol is pretty much unenjoyable to shoot. This is the first new firearm I’ve ever bought, so I’m not experienced in warranty expectations. 

18E8393A-CC6A-4806-80B2-0CDF14CDE74A.jpeg

00F391CC-FBC4-4C9D-A802-2FDA7149328F.jpeg

CA4E05AC-518A-4005-9293-DA1FB02A1799.jpeg

That sucks! I had not heard of the victory before your posts the other day.

I'm hoping to be in the market for a new pistol soon so I did a little research. 1st reviews I read talked about this problem. I will see if I can find them again..

• Like 1

Most likely an ejector problem. Other than returning it under warranty , some guys were prying/bending the ejector a little bit with success.  Doesn't seem recomended on a new gun though.

Edited by ncountry

Only s&w i ever owned  was an auto ... dont much recall what it was . I think it might  have  been  a  22A target model . Jammed all the time . New mags, mini mags to federal blue box . Cleaned it as per manufacturer recommendations. Traded it for my ruger22/45 hunter . Best decision I ever made.

That said I would be on the phone with s&w first thing in the am . I hope they can fix it for you. The one I had was accurate as all get out but no fun to shoot for the jamming. 

Edited by Nytracker

Thanks to everyone for the advice. I did find quite a bit of discussion online about the ejector needing to be tweaked, so I went out to our range over lunch and I think I corrected the issue. After adjusting, I ran 40 rounds through with no issues. Hopefully it's good to go now. 

• Like 2