Looking into getting a kayak ...

growalot

Dick's...EMS...Gander Mt. and other such stores frequently run kayak clinics for those new to the sport, where attendees get to try several different makes/models of kayaks. My son went to three such clinics before purchasing his kayak; he thought he was well-prepared for that first purchase. Look for such a clinic near you.

I was thinking of this type of fishing as well. I saw one of these and they looked great and very stable. right up to the point I flipped the price tag over.

http://www.basspro.com/Freedom-Hawk-Kayaks-Pathfinder-Stand-Up-Fishing-Kayak-Sand/product/11091707293211/?hvarAID=shopping_googleproductextensions&om_mmc=shopping_googleproductextensions&kpid=11091707293211

I was thinking of this type of fishing as well. I saw one of these and they looked great and very stable. right up to the point I flipped the price tag over.

http://www.basspro.com/Freedom-Hawk-Kayaks-Pathfinder-Stand-Up-Fishing-Kayak-Sand/product/11091707293211/?hvarAID=shopping_googleproductextensions&om_mmc=shopping_googleproductextensions&kpid=11091707293211

Thats crazy,maybe if I lived in the south.

I bought a Future Beach Trophy 126 kayak 3 years ago and I still love it. My 3 friends have them and my dad has one also. Two storage hubs, and 2 rod holders. I take mine down the river with all my buds during the summer and sometimes I just lounge in the lake with it and bass fish. Nice kayak with, especially for the price. Only downside I can think of is the seat isn't great, but putting a foam seat behind you to lean back on fixes that problem.