Trail cam while bow hunting

Dakota Dog

This may sound crazy but has anyone ever put there trail camera on there tree stand while bow hunting? I am asking because I may try it this year. This way if I let something walk by I will have proof for my buddy's and maybe if timed right get a picture of my kill. What are your thoughts on this?

haha i thought of capturing the same pic you speak of, not for proof but for my own self... i do have a camera running about 15 yards facing my tree, mostly to see what has been there when im not and also if i can catch a pic of a kill on cam would be cool..

Ya know that doesn't sound like a bad idea......Never thought of it but it definately could work. I unfortunately didn't spend the money for the video I just have a plain ol snap shot cam, maybe Santa will bring me one, and my range finder ...............(and that new Mathews I've always wanted) or just one of any would be nice lol I've been a good boy this year!

If your cam has video option I would set it to that its your best chance at getting it on film. With up to 60 seconds of video (depending on your cam) theres a lot better chance of seeing that arrow hit him then one snap shot in time.  ;)

CNY

very good idea... i had it on snap sjot since its the first time im using this cam and i want to see the quality...

that photo looks a little fishy to me.  first of all, there's a pile of corn under that deer.  secondly, if you look at the very left side of the picture, you can make out the back end of another deer- could be some photoshopping involved.

Whats fishy about it?

1 - baiting is legal in many places, this pic is not from NY.

2 - the second deer is an easy answer, there were more than one deer there, and that other one is running away. Why would that be a clue for Photoshopping?

3 - The transparent look is due to the relatively poor quality of the camera. Theres lots of pics on this site alone that have odd blurs and such. Its typical for many trailcams, especially in fast motion shots.