Fletch In The Field 22

Fletch

15 minutes ago, BizCT said:

cool rack

I see that he has a double brow on the right.  That’s would make him a sure shooter for me this year.  He better not head too far north for 9 days after October 14th.

I usually look for at least three on a side, for my buck tags.  Our venison supply is ok now, so I am upping that to (4) this year. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, wolc123 said:

I see that he has a double brow on the right.  That’s would make him a sure shooter for me this year.  He better not head too far north for 9 days after October 14th.

I usually look for at least three on a side, for my buck tags.  Our venison supply is ok now, so I am upping that to (4) this year. 

LOL he is a good looking deer but is absolutely tame like all the deer around Old Forge. He'd get a pass by me for most of the season if he was not tame and where I was hunting. I had a monster 10 point a few feet from me a couple years ago there.

10/14 am 42

Sat the Stone stand for 2 hours. It had rained a lot of the night and a big temp drop so I had high hopes. Absolute bust. Pulled some cards on way out and activity is slow. All small bucks. About another 10 days or so and the boys should start wandering more. I need some fields cut down the road!

10/15am 42

Ridge stand out back for 2.5 hors. Nice morn but no deer. Duck opened and heard hundreds of shots. Brought the 20lb propane tank out to the tower and opened it up and cleaned it out for the boy for crossbow at mid day.

10/17 pm 52

Chicken Stand out back. Saw two for sure maybe a third cut across 70 yards out. Couldn't tell what but most likely doe fawn group. They may have been headed my way but about a minute earlier my neighbor was yelling his fool head off at his goats or donkey or something about 300 yards the far side of me.....Also saw 3 racoons that seriously needed weight watchers. Almost felt deery tonight. Will play the next few days by ear with the rain.

Did finally have an older that 1.5 year old buck on cam just tearing up a scrape the other night.

10/20 am 39

Got done raining a bit before my walk in. Damp and drippy in the woods. Sat the ridge stand for 1.5 hours. The wind forecast was way off and the wind was not making me happy. I bugged out early. I did see one red fox right at sunrise.

10/20 pm 50

Sat in the state brush blind above the swamp for 2 hours. Had a small solo doe come right in at me. She saw me move but never figured me out or blew out. Just wandered a bit around and eased off.
When I came out there were like 6 cars in the lot and I was like wowa this is getting pounded. Then I see a green haired witch and then a line of like 5-6 more coming outa the woods trail on the opposite side I was hunting. Pointy hats and all. I said ello, got in my truck and outa there before I got sacrificed!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10/22 am 44

Out in the Stone stand behind the house. Pretty slow morning. At about 9am had a doe and 2 fawn run at me from my downwind side? The doe did catch my sent and milled around and came in to 25 yards or so. She was on the small side so for now is buck bait. She settled down and they eased off after a bit. 2.5 hours.

10/27 am 48

Sat ridge behind house four 1.5. Can't believe I can't see a deer outa this new set.

Pm 45

Sat for 2 hours above the Hole prop. Around sunset had a small buck harassing 2 does around me. One stood in front of me at 15 yards and I was at full draw but tried to make her bigger but she looked like 80 pounds dressed out so she got to walk. All this was going on as a few hundred yards away they were bulldozing down my brothers old watch on the old property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10/30 am 31

Gave the Stone stand another shot. Sat 4 hours and the most exiting thing was I dropped my hand heater and had to climb down and get it and climb back up. That was the highlight lol!

Pulled cards and I got bucks every night between 9-11pm pretty much. Freshening and checking scrapes.

10/30 am 31
Gave the Stone stand another shot. Sat 4 hours and the most exiting thing was I dropped my hand heater and had to climb down and get it and climb back up. That was the highlight lol!
Pulled cards and I got bucks every night between 9-11pm pretty much. Freshening and checking scrapes.

This warm weather can't help getting them on their feet in daylight.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That's my guess. Though it has been cold in the am's.

10/30 pm 64

Sat for 1.5 in A hole stand. Leaves were like potato chips and the squirrels were thick and making plenty of noise to keep me alert. Zero deer. Cam here shows night time buck movement as well.