taken for a fool

apoallo

SOO Ive been wanting a trail camera. decided to try and find a cheap used one off ebay to start with this way if it gets stolen I wont feel so bad. I found a used one on ebay and the auction was ending in 8 hours and the current high bid was at $15.00. Was a EZ cam 500 was the name of it. I was so excited to find one that was cheap I placed my bid and actually won. After I paid the $26.53 with shipping I was looking at the description more and at the bottom in smaller print was a sentenance I didnt  like . "This is a 35mm camera" S****!!!!! now I have to get old school film and then print the crappy pictures it probably takes.. If I had know it wasnt digital I probably would not have bid on it. Next time I'll go to walmart and buy the brand new tasco for $50

Got to be careful with EBAY.   I was looking for a particular item and found many but all over priced to begin with for used and then there is that shipping and handling charge.  Finally a new add went up for what I was looking for but there were six of the items in the picture and the add said he has 6.  The price was a good deal for 3 and a great deal for 6.  I was about to hit buy now and decided to question him.  Mind you the add kept saying 6 items etc, the question I asked was if price was for the lot of 6 or each, reply was each.  A complete ripoff for 1 of them but he worded his add tricky enough to make one think it was for all of them.  Glad I asked. 

Yupper  ! Gotta be careful as some items can be confusing . I have been lucky with EBAY purchases . Most stuff on there have pretty good descriptions . I rarely buy used .

As for trail cameras , DICKs has several in the $60 range ( a much larger selection than WallyWorld ) . I have a 35 mm trail camera that I havn't used in years . IT was expensive to buy film and have it developed to end up with nothing ......

`Caveat emptor`

Lots of greay buys, excellent sellers and the ever present shady bunch on ebay.

Unfortunately lots of sellers think they're Pawn Stars, American Pickers, etc.

Most have no clue what they are selling.

So, buyer beware when thinking about hitting the BUY button.

You may be able to negotiate a return, but you'll probably be stuck with the 2X s/h.

ill end up keeping it and trying it out. probably gonna take crap photos however I have 2 areas I wanted to get pics of and I plan on putting this thing out there for a bit just to see it it gets stolen or not. if not then Ill buy a better one and see whats lurking in these 2 spots.

ill end up keeping it and trying it out. probably gonna take crap photos however I have 2 areas I wanted to get pics of and I plan on putting this thing out there for a bit just to see it it gets stolen or not. if not then Ill buy a better one and see whats lurking in these 2 spots.

You didn't ask for an opinion but I'll give you one.

Shiit can the new one.  Don't even waste your money on film or processing, you WILL be disappointed, I promise.

Don't even think about it.  If you can return it, awesome.  If not, chalk it up to experience.  $26 isn't enough to worry about.

Good heavens, why dump anymore money into film & processing? 

Save up a few bucks and get a decent one, it won't get stolen............Also, Phade on here seems to be awfully knowledgeable about trail cams and can probably point you in the direction of a good value trail cam.

Good luck.................................

• Like 2

Wild game innovations cameras are pretty good. I have 7 of them, take good pictures and I've only had one out of 8 shit the bed. They are four years old<br />Now and will be going out again this June.

so just to update this. I received the trail camera and saw that there was a roll of film in the camera. I changed the batteries and had the roll developed to see the quality of the pictures. and I was surprised. 21 out of the 24 came out good. I wish i can post the pics but they are not digital. it looks like the previous owner was trying to bait a bear. He put a white trash bag filled with stuff(bait0 perhaps rotting meat idk)  and hung it from a tree branch about 6 to 8 feet high. with in a day all the camera took were pictures of voltures ripping apart the bag and eating whatevery was inside it. I was impressed with the quality of the photos as well. I would have like digital but this will do the job  for now.

You didn't ask for an opinion but I'll give you one.

Shiit can the new one.  Don't even waste your money on film or processing, you WILL be disappointed, I promise.

Don't even think about it.  If you can return it, awesome.  If not, chalk it up to experience.  $26 isn't enough to worry about.

Good heavens, why dump anymore money into film & processing? 

Save up a few bucks and get a decent one, it won't get stolen............Also, Phade on here seems to be awfully knowledgeable about trail cams and can probably point you in the direction of a good value trail cam.

Good luck.................................

no return from this seller. I will be getting a decent one pretty soon. I have film from when I was in school in a photograpgy class and will just use that to get rid of it. and as for processing. Ill ask the teacher of the photography class at my job to make one of her students  develop it for me.... for free..