Florida Bowler shoots himself . . .

Deerthug

This guy was bowling at a bowling alley in Florida while carrying a gun in his pocket and the gun "accidentally" went off. WTH? Is the bowling alley in such a bad part of town?

If he goes to the gun range is he going to drop a bowling ball on his foot?? (Credit given to one of the comments)

http://fox2now.com/2013/05/15/florida-bowler-shoots-himself/

There is a reason they make holsters.

Now I'm one of those guys who always carries if its legal ,if I bowled I'd carry there as well.

I don't get those who pick and choose when and where to carry, do they also take batteries out of their smoke detectors if they are not cooking,smoking etc.? No need for life jackets in the boat today it's calm and we will be near the shore....

Week ago guy came home. And was confronted by a bugler, burglar reached for a gun,returning home owner shot him dead. This Was 4 houses from where my daughter lives btw.

Crime in bad areas is largely bad guy against bad guy, crime in good areas is bad guy against good guy, so ya I carry in good areas .

• Like 2

There is a reason they make holsters.

Now I'm one of those guys who always carries if its legal ,if I bowled I'd carry there as well.

I don't get those who pick and choose when and where to carry, do they also take batteries out of their smoke detectors if they are not cooking,smoking etc.? No need for life jackets in the boat today it's calm and we will be near the shore....

Week ago guy came home. And was confronted by a bugler, burglar reached for a gun,returning home owner shot him dead. This Was 4 houses from where my daughter lives btw.

Crime in bad areas is largely bad guy against bad guy, crime in good areas is bad guy against good guy, so ya I carry in good areas .

I would carry all the time too... (if i was 21) however Yes thats what holsters are for!!!

I carry most of the time, doesnt matter if Im in a "bad part of town" or not, and alot of it is pocket carry. If you dont have a holster, dont put anything other than the gun in your pocket. I can imagine he probably had his keys or something in there that caught the trigger and boom. I pocket carry sometimes with no holster, and its no problem as long as the gun is the only thing in there.

Although I don't have a carry permit, I'm all for it no matter where you are. Sorry for the confusion. You just need to be sure you are carrying properly and as WNY said, keep nothing else in your pocket that can cause an accident like this. 

the other thing to do would be keep the mag in it but no shell in the chamber... only prob is then you have to rack the slide before you shoot

Which defeats the point of carrying in the first place. You cant tell someone to wait a second so you can rack a round. Mine is almost always carried with one in the chamber and the hammer uncocked. All I have to do is cock, unlock and pull the trigger. Most guys wont even carry the way I do, they are always cocked and locked.

• Like 1