Weaver Scopes

I have a weaver scope on the Ithaca deer slayer my dad gave me. Gun was bought in 73. Scope probably 5 or 6 years after that. Have never had any issues with it. I just need to see some deer in the woods to put the cross hairs on.

Weaver would be a sentimental favorite with me, because I had several of the the steel tubed El Paso Weavers made during the 60s and they were excellent scopes.

One was a K10 that I had on a Remington 722 in .222. Bought the rifle in 1965 ( used) for $65 and the scope in 1968 for about $60..

Sold the rig a couple years ago for $600..

One was a K 1.5 that I had on a Rem 1100 skeet gun which was my deer gun for about 20 years..Sold that also, but it always performed well.

The other one, which I still have ,is a K 2.5 which I had on a couple of different deer rifles and now is attached to the cantilever mount for my Rem 1100 12 gauge slug gun. Works as well now as it did when I bought it in 1973...

I also had a V 3x9 on a 25-06...Good scope also...

I don't own any modern Weavers, but have heard good reports on them on internet forums...

I think there are very few scopes these days from any fairly well known manufacture that can be classified as "crap"..........it all depends on what you're satisfied with, at the very least, any scope manufactured that is owned by a big name company should have a decent warranty..........that being said, I just upgraded from a Burris to a Zeiss, like night and day when held side by side.