Deer tracking dogs on LI?

sssurfertim

I'd be very surprised if such a service was available on Long Island.  With people hunting small parcels of land, how could they trail if the deer went onto someone elses property??  I wonder how they even do it upstate?  They need permission from landowners first don't they?  In many instances I can see the deer being eaten by coyotes way before permission gets granted.

Here is a trix I learned a years ago Get a spry bottle fill it with peroxide find the last spot of blood then spry when it hits any  blood it will foam as long as the animal is still bleeding you can follow it's trail if it runs in to the brush spray the brush and also the ground

Papabear

There is a service called deersearch used it upstate once they don't charge anything they just ask for a donation which I think is real nice no matter what rhe outcome they ask you some questions on the phone to determine if they have a chance they came out the day after my shot was taken because I had some blood and knew where I hit the deer and yes they do ask landowner for permission if present mine was about 300 yards away over a road in someones yard turned out well

There could also be some NAVDHA tracking dogs in LI. A NAVDA dog to finish as a Versatile champion must be able to follow a wounded deer (if I remember correctly). Could check with them, they might know? ??? ?

Nope, no deer tracking for NAVHDA, but we do bird tracking and some dogs are trained in blood tracking. I know Im late on the reply but figured it might be good for future reference for some one.