Getting bigger

QB1

Thanks everyone.  The night photo buck looks like he's eating good!

Happens every year that early on we get awesome shots of some slobs and as soon as Bow season starts we don't see them again...praying to change that pattern this year!

Just for the sake of argument,  John states "plenty of time still to grow" (I'm excited).  Skully says "Their not going to grow that much more" (I'm bumming).  From what I've read the antler growth season is from April-Sept.  My biggest buck to date is around 115 inches and one of my goals is to harvest a Buck bigger then that.

That being said, what type of potential do you think these deer have?  

I also know they will grow more. Prob not the frames but point will def gain some more inches. Its only mid July I would think they have at least until mid august to finish growing. I would be happy with either of them bucks just the way they are now though Lol.

John

They are def on the radar.  Looking forward to monitoring their growth.  Should be easy recognize with the distinct brow tines, hopefully they stick around long enough to get some late summer photos.

very nice pics and good potential on both of those. as far as antler growth goes I have found from my past trail cam pictures that the bucks in my home area exhibit  little to no antler growth after July.

here are before and after pictures of a buck I followed last year. the 1st pic was captured on July 30th. at this time the buck's rack appeared to be full grown. the 2nd pic was captured on September 28th. though the rack appeared much smaller in this 2nd picture due to the absence of velvet, it is clear that there was no more antler growth between the two dates.

resizeXMVII0115.jpg

resizeIM0000673.jpg