Beard growing

I start mine in September, around labor day and keep it till spring. I dont want the tan lines during the summer. I keep it neat for the most part because of work.

Heres my deer beard a couple of years ago, it was a little thinner than normal cuz I messed part of it up haha.

2011-10-16_14-29-49_204.jpg

" Stinky Beard"...

That reminds me of a joke...

An older female comedian ( either Phyllis Dilller or Joan Rivers) , once said....

"  My doctor told me that if I have one more facelift, I'll be wearing a Van Dyke ".....

I was married for 35 years and wore a beard most of the time...I'd shave it now and then when I got tired of trimming it, but I always wore one during fall hunting seasons and spring gobbler season.

My current partner, The Mermaid, doesn't like whiskers, so I'm clean shaven MOST of the time..I still grow a beard for deer season and gobbler season, but shave it off  at the end of the season.

After my whiskers started turning mostly white, people always commented how much younger I looked when I shaved the beard.

See that's whati don't get about some of the posted beards...my favorite part of a beard is not having to shave at all, let alone "groom" - beards should be less work, not more in my opinion - an old priest used to tell me, "let go, let God" I say, "let GROW, let God!"

• Like 1

Here's a 7 day photo comparison(see time stamps). 

Note that I will never have less than pic#1 because as you can see, I have a butt chin. lol

Edit: pic#2 shows me without a hat on. That's rare. It only comes off when I'm indoors.

057_zps0ac7fdb8.jpg098_zpsa8482df3.jpg

Edited by PREDATE

I still do the  stache (have been for 30 years) but I have to trim it every other day or I get that 1890's fireman thing going, where it pops out about a foot past my nose.....I was born too late. I bet the woman loved that back then... now it's just odd .....very, very odd   LOL!