what does that blowing noise mean?

Andersondnb

It's an alarm  call...  Both sexes do it, but in my experience, does are more likely to blow  repeatedly at you than bucks...

When they do it they are telling all the other deer in the area that they have seen heard, or smelled something that alarms them.... I think they do it most often when they have heard or seen you and are not sure what you are..If they smell you, they immediately know WHAT and WHERE you are and they generally vacate the area..

That's exactly right WNY...hehehehe...

Elk also have an alarm call, called a BARK.. When they do that, you are busted, big time.. ;D ....

Deer get really annoying when they stand in one spot, stomp thier feet and SNORT and SNORT and SNORT...

Seems like it happens MOST during spring gobbler season, when they have fawns...

It means, "I see you. and I'm going to do my best to make sure I screw up the rest of your hunt by telling everyone that you're here, you stupid looking, camo-covered, turd!!!"

And, as a matter of fact, I had a doe tell me all that this afternoon.

Doc

Thanks to the weather man I had one tell me this morning...ya think they could get one day of wind direction and speed right???....It must have seen and heard me...I showed and spayed...washed all clothes in no scent stuff....mid week I will mow/rake trails before the rut gets in gear...First time in a few years the leaves have co-operated and dropped early...saw glimpses of three today

• 2 weeks later...