very good TV show

skyhunter

Wow, I just got surprised 2X by bowhunting TV shows that were actually good. For a while there I was turning the channel and just not even checking in anymore after seeing the same ole "he's a pig" / "put the smackdown on em" knuckle draggers beating the Waddell act to death.

There was 1 show however that I could always watch named Heartland Bowhunter. This was the 1st of it's kind and featured a classy cast of hunters with music and photography well placed throughout the production. Yesterday, I saw more of the same with "Midwest Whitetail" and today with "Backcountry Quest". " B Quest " was especially good where the Keefer brothers were hunting Illinois. Music was very cool and not the hard banging stuff you often hear on other shows. They also had cameras in places other than the sets, where you could see a perspective from the ground where the treestand hunter and prey were seen from the ground level. That's a 1st for me and it was very well done. Overall this was a top notch production and I sure will check the guide to see when I can enjoy more of the same high quality and high class bowhunting adventures.

All in all looks like there is some hope for TV hunting shows after all.

I've started watching "Fresh Track with Randy Newberg".  "Meat Eater" still tops for me.  Tried watching "Gunning It with Benny Spies" but he's too much of a goofball for me.  I just don't like to watch any shows featuring around canned and preserve hunts.

Fresh Tracks (used to be On Your Own Adventures) and Meat Eater are my favorites too.  The Western Hunter is also a very good public land hunting show.  Meat Eater is definitely tops though.  If you like elk hunting the new Uncommon Ground looks good too, but I've only watched one so far.  

Maybe these guys are starting to get the message. I have heard a lot of complaints on the standard run of the mill fakery and boring lack of creativity. Who knows ..... maybe they are starting to react to the criticisms. I hope so.

• Like 1

Heartland is solid. It was much better however with jeff simpson leading the way. The film work was his touch and its changed the filming technique for nearly any show now. Even dream season mimics it.

MW is solid too. Some of the things you see and hear them walk about though simply do not apply to most common people. Bills farm is in arguably one of the best counties of anh state in the country. He worked hard for it so I commend him but he's afforded tactics that don't apply to us from time to time

Keefer brothers are good. I enjoy their show more each time. I hope they continue.

I don't watch these shows, not that I don't want to, but because I don't get them on my TV.  Only have the basic cable set up.  Yeah, I know, "get those channels"......

Has anyone ever been to a outdoor show and/or seminar with the BENOIT BROTHERS?  The father and senior hunter was on the cover of Sports Afield in the 70's and was presented as the possible best white tail hunter of time.  I have been to 4 of their seminars while attending the Vermont Outdoor Sportsman show near Burlington, Vermont.  I have 4 of their annual videos and you just have to see them hunt.  They are trackers, which is what my son and I do in the big woods.

I highly recommend you watch one of their videos....they are more educational than just tree stand kill shots......PM me if you would like for me to send you one or more of the videos.......