What do you guys think of FOBs

Hunting3m

It's a gimmick because they don't work with biscuits. :)

Wow, nice input. Not that I expect any different from you.

I see them as a gimmick, as you have to replace them any time you put an arrow through a deer. Completely unnecessary. I have arrows that have passed through multiple deer, dont have to replace my vanes.

Wow, nice input. Not that I expect any different from you.

I see them as a gimmick, as you have to replace them any time you put an arrow through a deer. Completely unnecessary. I have arrows that have passed through multiple deer, dont have to replace my vanes.

That's a good point. But does that make them a gimmick? Most guys replace broad heads after one shot through a deer, so they are gimmicks too?

Broadheads and vanes are no real comparison. I have broadheads that are easily resharpened. Others have blades that can be replaced. If i had to replace the whole head everytime, then yes, to me its a gimmick.

Ive fallen for plenty of them before, it happens. Im sure ill buy into more in the future.

That's a good point. But does that make them a gimmick? Most guys replace broad heads after one shot through a deer, so they are gimmicks too?

you don't replace them. As the arrow passes through the fob and the nock pop of marking the spot on the ground you hit the deer. You pop them back on voila. They also still fly great broken.

Broadheads and vanes are no real comparison. I have broadheads that are easily resharpened. Others have blades that can be replaced. If i had to replace the whole head everytime, then yes, to me its a gimmick.

Ive fallen for plenty of them before, it happens. Im sure ill buy into more in the future.

I agree...

you don't replace them. As the arrow passes through the fob and the nock pop of marking the spot on the ground you hit the deer. You pop them back on voila. They also still fly great broken.

LOL

To me, its still a gimmick. As my arrow passes through the deer, it sticks in the ground, marking the spot I hit the deer, and my vanes/arrow tend to hold a good bit of evidence of exactly the kind of hit it was. Nothing to pop off, etc.

If it aint broke....

.......DONT FIX IT!!!

Edited by josephmrtn
  • Like 1

To me, its still a gimmick. As my arrow passes through the deer, it sticks in the ground, marking the spot I hit the deer, and my vanes/arrow tend to hold a good bit of evidence of exactly the kind of hit it was. Nothing to pop off, etc.

If it aint broke....

It it ain't a WB, don't use the magical fluid.

Anything that is attached to the arrow tightly enough not to move on initial launch or through flight like this FOB is going to provide resistance to penetration. It may pop off but it is limiting the penetration as compared to a fletching that is tracking the wound channel of the broadhead or rolls againts the shaft. I can't see using them, These rank up there with the tracking strings that attached where your broad head screws into the arrow shaft.

• Like 1

By the time the fob hits the side of the deer the head should have already punched through the other side of the deer. The FOB is not going to affect penetration. Those giant cut mechanicals everyone likes to fling around has much more affect on penetration.

Edited by jesse.james